I thought button quail were only 16 days to hatch??

If the egg is about the size of your middle fingernail, and is dark green or brown with tiny little brown spots on it, then it's a button. A lot of people have been having them hatch late lately. I would just wait, it's not like they'll explode
lau.gif

No these eggs are about the size of well i am trying to see what to compair them to, i would say maybe the top half of my thumb.
they are mixed colors. all brownish with spots on them.

Do they look like the top two in this pic? If so they take 18 days.

13329_a1.jpg

These are Coturnix Quail. They are very common also. You can find info about them here.

ETA: new pic and link.

Last edited:
yes they look like the top ones!! only i think they are a bit smaller.
thanks!

Last edited:
Quote:
PARTIALLY RIGHT! ACTUALLY EASE THEM INTO THE WATER QUIETLY, LET THEM CALM DOWN AND QUIT ROCKING AND BOUNCING AS THEY FLOAT--- ONCE CALM IF THE EMBRYO INSIDE IS ALIVE IT WILL MOVE AND WHEN IT DOES YOU'LL BE ABLE TO SEE IT MOVING THE ENTIRE EGG WHILE IT FLOATS CALMLY IN THE BOWL. IF AN EGG SINKS IT WAS NEVER DEVELOPED, IF IT FLOATS ALMOST COMPLETELY ON TOP OF THE WATER THEN IT DRIED OUT OR DEHYDRATED AND DIDNT DEVELOPE.--- DONT BE IN TOO BIG A RUSH, JUST QUIETLY WATCH THEM FOR A FEW MINUTES AND SEE IF THEY MOVE...

Last edited:
Maybe they'll popcorn out tonight or tomorrow.
fl.gif

At least you know what they are now. The link I posted has some good info on the Coturnix.

This is day 20, i just found the calender. is it normal for them to go longer? How many days should i leave them in there?

Last edited:
Ok these little guys are still hatching, one here and then one there. They are soooooo over there hatch date and i still have about 20 eggs that haven't hatched. should i just keep waiting ?

Back
Top Bottom