I thought it was an EE?!

yoie

Songster
Jan 28, 2011
Easternshore of Maryland
Ok, I had gotten 2 EE's from TSC, which they had gotten from Mt. Healthy. Up until now I never doubted they were EE's, they have pea combs, green legs, no muffs but others in the bin had them. Well this morning while out in the coop the one Zippy comes over for a pet and I noticed that her ear lobes are WHITE! She is an all white bird with a little brown around her face. Is she still an EE? And I guess she'll lay white eggs?
idunno.gif

I have a nearly all white EE, she looks like she had a light copper wash on her feathers, and she lays a light blue egg. It appears that when mated w/ a black and white EE roo they have white offspring. The little one looks just like mama did when I got her from MPC.

Quote:
Hi Green,
any pics of your white EE hen....I have a chick and the feathers are coming in all white so far...haven't seen pics of white EEs

I have two Ameraucanas that are FULLY white about 8 weeks dosn't matter what color they are!!

I have two pure white EEs but they don't have white earlobes. I don't know what coloregg they lay yet but I should find out before too long.

Does Mt.Healthy carry a breed that has green legs and white earlobes?

N&MSchroeder :

Quote:
Search for white ee's here on BYC. Here is a thread with cute pictures of white ee's. https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=409754&p=2 I remember reading here on BYC and thinking how much I wanted a white ee and guess what??, one of my chicks that shipped in March from My Pet Chicken was white! She is beautiful, definitely a keeper!
love.gif

Thank you for the thread..I will check it out. As long as ours is a girl we are keeping her, no matter what color :eek:)​

Quote:
Not sure what Mt.Healthy carries....I got 3 chicks from an order at our local feed store. One EE, one BO and one BA

88804_021.jpg

Took this picture to see the feathering on the different birds. I am new at this so did not look for earlobes, should I look for them to see color?

Back
Top Bottom