I thought she was a porcelain booted bantam... but she suddenly has fluffy cheeks???

Discussion in 'What Breed Or Gender is This?' started by 1eggnog, Sep 18, 2013.

1. 1eggnog

1eggnog Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2012
    This is our new baby called Zazu :) shes just perfect but she isnt what i thought she was going to be. Of course i wont love her any less but im just interested in what breed she really is as she was meant to be a booted bantam but our other booted bantam does not have the fluffy cheeks that she has. The feathers seems to grow out from the sides of her face. Does anyone know what she could be??? I know she has some booted bantam but i dont understand her cheeks haha

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    looks like an amerucana, but a feather footed breed.We have chickens with poofy cheeks but they are aurcanas and they don't have feet feathers but lay green yeggs.

Lucky stiff. [​IMG]

1 person likes this.
  3. 1eggnog

May 29, 2012
    well when i went to pick up the eggs (of which she was one) there were only booted bantams in there so im thinking now that one of their aurcanas snook in with them. Its not exactly the breed i wanted but no one can deny that shes a cutie pie :) Thanks :)

4. shmccarthy

shmccarthy Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 27, 2013
    Michigan
    Booted bantams have feathered cheeks :) I don't think she is porcelain though
    I think she is a white colored booted bantam :)
    [​IMG]
    This is my porcelain for comparison, same body shape and everything, just a different color

1 person likes this.
  5. 1eggnog

May 29, 2012
    i am confused now as we have a booted bantam and she does not have fluffy cheeks :s this is her :

[​IMG]

so they can have fluffy cheeks or non fluffy cheeks?????

6. Cluky

Cluky Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Chicago
    yes they can

1 person likes this.
  7. 1eggnog

May 29, 2012
    Thanks everyone :) now thats all cleared up i know exactly what little zazu is :) - and the photo really helped Shmccarthy thanks :)

8. gmendoza

gmendoza Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 23, 2010
    Rock Hill,SC
    to poofy cheek, or not to poofy cheeks? that is the question. [​IMG]

9. dcrumrin

dcrumrin Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2012
    Booted bantams do not have muffs (poofy cheeks) or beards. D'uccles do have beards AND muffs. You must have a cross bred chicken.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by