I thought she was an Orpington? What is she?

Nope, I got them from my friend. She has definite Orp girls, but the boy is funny colored and as small as them. I don't think I can get a picture either, she works really odd hours and isn't home till very late usually. Thanks Jennh

I dont know, I think it would be hard to mistake a delaware for anything else when I looked at the parents. Thanks though Fischfood.

From the photos, it appears that she has yellow legs and feet. If that's the case, the parents are not Orpingtons..not even half of the parents are Orpingtons.

Is it possible that the females are Buff Plymouth Rocks and you confused them with Orpingtons? Buff Plymouth Rocks have yellow legs and yellow beaks. As the females age, the leg and beak coloring gets lighter and lighter.

Wow, now I'm really confused what she is!
th.gif
I suppose they could have been, they would look nearly identical unless I had been searching for the differences. Thank you. I do think I will probably wait and see then since it's hard to say now? Whatever she is she is much fluffier then the other chickens I have in the brooder and bigger.
smile.png

Thanks again,

Sierra

And the truth is uncovered!

Her feet turned really green this week, I believe she is an EE then. It would make sense right? Even if the hens were purebred something, if the male was an EE of some sort ( I never got close enough to see his legs) then it would pass on to the offspring, right? But then would she have had to have hatched out of a green or blue egg? She looks like she's going to have the body of an orp or a rock, big and fluffy.
smile.png
It's my first time seeing green legs on a baby chicken and I can't wait to see her eggs! Is there any way to tell what color they will be? I can take pictures of them for comfirmation when I find my camera, IF I find my camera.
roll.png

Back
Top Bottom