I understand BYC needs advertisements to run the forum...

StarLover21

Songster
8 Years
Oct 11, 2011
But ever since we upgraded to the new system, there have been alot different adds. In the old BYC, it seemed like over 90% of the adds were chicken related. I thought they were intresting- I clicked on several on them and read more. You know, hatchery's, freedom rangers, chicken supplies, chicken give-away contests, ect. I liked the adds. But ever since we upgraded, all the adds have been about random things. There are still adds from sponsors and such, but now the things on the sides are thing like 'The Amazing New "Skinny" Fruit', E-Cigarettes Exposed, and OVERSTOCK iPads: 29.15. It just sort of bothers me, and, while I understand that BYC needs advertisments I wish they were still mostly chicken related, unstead of non-true advertisements that would probably lead me to viruses as soon as I clicked on them. There also seems to be MORE adds now.

Just something that has been bothering me. Is there any chance we could go back to more chicken related adds?

Thanks!

But ever since we upgraded to the new system, there have been alot different adds. In the old BYC, it seemed like over 90% of the adds were chicken related. I thought they were intresting- I clicked on several on them and read more. You know, hatchery's, freedom rangers, chicken supplies, chicken give-away contests, ect. I liked the adds. But ever since we upgraded, all the adds have been about random things. There are still adds from sponsors and such, but now the things on the sides are thing like 'The Amazing New "Skinny" Fruit', E-Cigarettes Exposed, and OVERSTOCK iPads: 29.15. It just sort of bothers me, and, while I understand that BYC needs advertisments I wish they were still mostly chicken related, unstead of non-true advertisements that would probably lead me to viruses as soon as I clicked on them. There also seems to be MORE adds now.

Just something that has been bothering me. Is there any chance we could go back to more chicken related adds?

Thanks!

Yup, we'd like that too!!!

The problem is the same for almost all publishers / sites with free content. It's hard to find qualified and relevant advertisers for a huge site. Go visit any large site on the net that has free content (Yahoo, CNN, AOL, About.com, TechCrunch, etc.) and then take a look at the ads you see on those sites after browsing about 20 pages. I guarantee you'll start seeing some pretty random ads on those sites too.

It's not easy to get really highly targeted, clean, relevant, and decently paying ads for a huge site. We have a team of people who are working hard every day to find relevant advertisers, but it isn't an easy job (believe me, I did it alone for 5 years for BYC and 5 years before that for other sites)!

We'd honestly like to provide the site 100% free of advertising, but then we'd have to either charge everyone to use the site (that would stink) or close the site in a couple months (that stinks even more).

So, the bottom line: We do all we can to provide relevant ads, but sometimes, especially during our busy season, it's impossible to find 100% relevant ads for the hundreds of thousands of visitors viewing millions of pages every month.

With that said, please know that we work really hard to make sure you don't see popup ads, gambling ads, adult ads, etc.

Back
Top Bottom