I wanna see your Bronze Breasted Bronze turkeys!!!

I mentioned SandHill as their pictures are accurate, for bronze.

Its also true as to what was posted on different hatchery sizes, plus, we dont know if it is a real BBB or just a stores designation, TSC often has turkeys that they label and its a tossup what you get.

Bottom line, dont 'skip' any info source.

Echos_dad, thanks for your "Before and after" post/photos. For some reason it hit my funny bone and gave me a chuckle for the day.
big_smile.png

I have a heritage Bronze which is 2 yrs old. My hens will be a year old this summer.

45848_2-17-11t_7.jpg

I can't seem to find pictures of my hens. Guess I will have to take new pictures of them.

Aw I loves me a turkey.
love.gif
Turkeys are so sweet! We raise BBW. For Christmas we had our 42LB, dressed out, Tommy. My mother had Big Tommy for Thanksgiving and he weighed 31 LBs. They sure did grow that last month. Our hens were all around 28 lbs dressed out. Do you just have the one or do you have more? When you have several they will all lie together and it looks like the have braided their necks. We always called it a turkey pile. They are just so sweet. I also love the way they peep. Pay pay pay is what it sounds like to me. When they get a bit older if you spend a lot of time with them they will stretch their wings and then come running when they see you. My son and I always say "Yeh it's time to play!" When they get really big it's kinda hard to run, but they still try. We try to make things as easy for them as possible. They are so cuddly and always wanting attention. I love turkeys! I'm loving looking at all your pictures! My dad wants me to get some heritage turkeys and raise me some babies, but that will have to wait for a year or so. For now we will continue with the BBW and love them til we love them for dinner.

Love the before & after. LOL! We have 2 with our 6 chicks. Only about 2 months old. Not sure if they are BBB or just bronze. How can you tell?

Here are my tom and hen. We just got them from a couple because the husband was highly allergic. This is all new for us. Lol

Back
Top Bottom