i want a new sewing machine

I have about a 12-year-old Viking (Husqvarna), and I absolutely love it.

I have a White serger, and it's about the easiest to thread out there. It's basic, but a good machine for a good price. Check out www.allbrands.com.

I don't know if this is true anymore, but I heard that some of the Brothers sold at Walmart were basically disposable machines. It might be better to put a little more money into one that will last for years.

Quote:
I had a brother overlocker for a while - took me FOREVER to get a decent stitch out of the stupid thing... I upgraded as fast as I could to a babylock....... now I have the jet air threading - its a breeze!

I have a Brother sewing machine that I use for light jobs like stitching up a rip or something and also sewing up hems, but for my clothing I have a Singer sewing machine for that and OI love it. makes the work go quicker. I also use it for quilt qsuares.

Brother sewing maching ---- Wal-Mart $ 54.00 (on sale)
Singer Serger/Overlock ----- Wal-Mart $194.96 (reg. price)
-----------------------------------------------------------
Total -- $248.96

Less than $250.00 ( does not include tax) Hope you find what you need but look around and shop before jumping on another machine that's not worth what you pay for it or doesn't perform the way you want it to.

I have a Kenmore that my DH got me for Christmas in 1976 and it's still going strong. I've only had it serviced once in all that time and the nice German man who took care of it told me to never, ever get rid of it, because they just don't make them like that anymore. It has all steel castings. My friend who is a professional seamstress swears by her Pfaff machine and it's just a basic one. She makes everything from designer window coverings to designer wedding gowns on it. I also have a Juki overlock. Not sure if they even make them anymore. She has an overlock, too, but I can't remember which one.

I haven't sewn in so long. The only space I have is in my dreary basement. I can't stand it down there. I'm thinking about turning my 3rd bedroom into a sewing/guest room with a daybed in there for guests. Got to get all the coop stuff finished first though. I have 2 sweet 2 year old granddaughters I could be sewing for. I just need to do it!
smile.png

I have a Brother sewing machine from 2002. Doesnt do alot, but its perfect for making my Rats Hammocks and beds
smile.png

I REALLY want a vintage Singer
sad.png
My grandma just gave us one.. Need to go check it out.

I have s singer sewing machine and a singer overlock. I am wanting an embroidery machine. I had to decide - more chickens, ducks and geese or the machine? This time I chose the geese and ducks.

Back
Top Bottom