i want a rooster

jonbanks

Songster
11 Years
Aug 12, 2008
but i live in a small town named hamitlon in harris county ga. just outside columbus. i really like to look at those rooster. they just passed an ord 2 years ago that says i cant hvae live stock unless i live on four acres or more. they have a list of animals a mile long that you can not have. now i have chicken. and they made that law up long after i moved here. but it really upsets me we live in the middle of no where. what the big deal. there is only 300 people that live in a 5 sq miles city limit area. the people with money are on all the boards and they also own alot of land most of it around these parts. i dont get it i want a rooster

Get one (my BLRW crowed really late and is not loud) and wait until they ask you to rehome him -if they ask. You might be able to get away with it...

Quote:
LOL...my BLRW crowed early, LOUD, and never stops.....all day long!!! Just wanted to tell you they aren't all quiet.
smile.png

i wish i could take out its crower, lol and have a rooster but then again it wouldnt be the rooster it should if it couldnt crow. oh well

I would recommend a Brahma rooster. I've heard they are really laid back. So laid back that they rarely crow and when provoked by something, such as a predator, will settle down quickly afterwards. They still do a great job.

Attend your local committee meetings and get the law changed. There are so few people who actually attend these that when you present your case in an intelligent fashion you will garner some ears and support. Speak of economics and self sufficiency.

Or perhaps you simply have a crazy parrot or macaw that acts like a rooster....."chickens...no not me officer, that would be illegal."

A rooster doorbell may be a solution as well. They come and ring it...it cock-a-doodle-doos...and you deny it to the hilt.
wink.png

best of luck

thanks this used to be a little country town an it still is but they are trying to get upity if you ask me

yeah we were told in 2006 we couldnt have chickens anymore but i do it anyway

forget the rules....what happened to FREEDOM, the only thing free is the governments abilty to scrwew up, it is free to them but it costs us money, get the rooster. sorry some stupid cop guy came to my house today(mind you i live in the flippin boonies, on a back road) and told me if my chickens go near the road or cross the street again he will confiscate them and destroy them, try me buddy those chickens have been eating bugs wherever they want for four years, go find a real job and leave my chickens alone!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! pheew i feel better now:)

Back
Top Bottom