I want a White EE

marymac

Songster
11 Years
Jul 12, 2008
Northeast Ohio
How can I get a white EE? I don't have any white ee hens only brown. I hatched one I thought was gona be white, but then it started turning chocolate with a white head. What do white EE's look like when they hatch? So I know if I end up buying some in the spring.

I have a white EE, when she was a chick she was yellow with green legs, in fact we bought her from the feed store as a buff orpington, ha ha. The only way I can think of getting white EE's is if you breed your EE's to a white dominant rooster then all the offspring should be white with maybe some leakage.

I am sure someone else who knows more than me will answer for you.

Look for perhaps a feedstore or someone who sells "Americanas" or something (you know, anything that's actually an Easter Egger) - And I'm sure they should carry at least one white one. White EE's look solid yellow or white as chicks.

I have 2 mostly white but they are EE x RIR. Their EE mother was grey and white. They are beautiful and they need a new home a young roo and his sister. They are the only 2 survivors from their hatch and are constant buddies, I couldnt give away the roo without her.

I bought mine at a feed store as "Americauna". As a chick she was white with a lt. grey chipmunk stripe but when she grew up she became white with tan splash. Very pretty bird!

I've purchased chicks from the "Amereucana" bin knowing they were EEs, and I'm always looking for the white ones, too. So far, each of mine have turned beautiful soft colors as they feathered out - not gotten a white one, yet. One is very soft grey with a lot of white, and another is more white with little bits of gold, and one turned REALLY gold. I think she's gorgeous!
41679_variety_051.jpg

But I'd still like a pure white EE gal.

I have 2 solid white EE's that came from My Pet Chicken. I've also seen them at the feedstore in the "Ameraucana pullet" bin. Mine were light yellow as chicks with the muffs and green legs.

Back
Top Bottom