I Want Heritage Breed Chickens.

Mike32

Songster
10 Years
May 16, 2009
Pecos, NM
I am wanting some good Heritage breed chickens. I am looking for some Rhode Island Reds, French Black Copper Marans, Barred Rocks and Delawares. I have ordered hatching eggs but haven't had any luck. Where can I find these breeds? Would I need to settle for a hatchery? I would prefer not to use a hatchery but if I have to which should I use? Thanks

I am taking orders for french black copper marans chicks. it's a prepaid order and the next hatch date is 9/26/11. you can pm me for prices.

I don't know of ANY hatcheries that have "Heritage' breeds. If you want true Heritage breeds, you're going to have to get them from a breeder(s).

~ Aspen
caf.gif

Sandhill Preservation Center is the closest you can get, however there are indeed breeders who ship chicks
smile.png

Agree with Illia, I do have Black Copper Marans, Delawares but presently selling only hatching eggs. Please pm me if you are interested. You may also see some pictures of our birds on the auctions (search under heritage) We are not a hatchery but a full time farm.Thanks and have a blessed day! Nancy

Last edited:
I have all the breeds listed but do not have breeding pens yet. We just moved on to the farm in June so all our girls are together for now. I will be offering hathcing eggs soon and hope to offer chicks shipped in the spring.

Quote:
No!!!! not even close, heritage is not a word nor a practice any hatchery employs, I afraid if you want real birds you will have seek out the Pro's, not any mutt hatchery stock!!!!.

Back
Top Bottom