I Want Heritage Breed Chickens.

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by Mike32, Aug 24, 2011.

1. Mike32

Mike32 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    Pecos, NM
    I am wanting some good Heritage breed chickens. I am looking for some Rhode Island Reds, French Black Copper Marans, Barred Rocks and Delawares. I have ordered hatching eggs but haven't had any luck. Where can I find these breeds? Would I need to settle for a hatchery? I would prefer not to use a hatchery but if I have to which should I use? Thanks

2. crfarm

crfarm Out of my mind, back in 5 minutes or so

Nov 29, 2009
    KY
    I am taking orders for french black copper marans chicks. it's a prepaid order and the next hatch date is 9/26/11. you can pm me for prices.

3. Mrs. Fluffy Puffy

Mrs. Fluffy Puffy Fluffy Feather Farm

Jan 26, 2010
    Texas, Panhandle
    I don't know of ANY hatcheries that have "Heritage' breeds. If you want true Heritage breeds, you're going to have to get them from a breeder(s).

~ Aspen [​IMG]

4. Mike32

Mike32 Chillin' With My Peeps

May 16, 2009
    Pecos, NM
    Is there any hatcheries that will have close to heritage birds?

5. Illia

Illia Crazy for Colors

Oct 19, 2009
    Forks, WA
    Sandhill Preservation Center is the closest you can get, however there are indeed breeders who ship chicks [​IMG]

6. bargain

bargain Love God, Hubby & farm Premium Member

Apr 13, 2008
    Bowdon, GA
    Agree with Illia, I do have Black Copper Marans, Delawares but presently selling only hatching eggs. Please pm me if you are interested. You may also see some pictures of our birds on the auctions (search under heritage) We are not a hatchery but a full time farm.Thanks and have a blessed day! Nancy

Last edited: Sep 3, 2011
  7. SuttonHeritageFarm

SuttonHeritageFarm Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2011
    Jackson Springs, NC
    I have all the breeds listed but do not have breeding pens yet. We just moved on to the farm in June so all our girls are together for now. I will be offering hathcing eggs soon and hope to offer chicks shipped in the spring.

8. al6517

al6517 Real Men can Cook

May 13, 2008
    Quote:No!!!! not even close, heritage is not a word nor a practice any hatchery employs, I afraid if you want real birds you will have seek out the Pro's, not any mutt hatchery stock!!!!.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by