I want my chickies to have FUN! Need ideas for the run...

Chicabee19

Songster
11 Years
Aug 8, 2008
n/a
I'm looking for photos of interesting things you have done in your run to keep your chickens happy and having fun -

places to hide

things to perch on

things to fly up to

things to dig around in

etc...

I'm thinking to have two different types of dust baths, for example.

ours seem to have the most "fun" free ranging the yard...mainly our gardens!!
But inside the run we are STILL working on their fountain
100_0028-5.jpg

and also IF for some reason I need them to stay in the run for a while I will take grass clippings out of the mower bag and pile it ontop of some scratch and its great fun for the flock to dig for their treats. Then I just rack it all back int oa pile after they toss it all over and they start all over again. Once it is all broke down we remove it from the run int othe compost pile and start all over again.

excellent ideas! wow... that fountain's going to be great!

I want to make my run interesting, driftwood piled up they can hide under, interesting rock formations, different areas they can scratch around and dust-bathe in etc...

now that it is fall and my garden is pretty much finished for the year, I switch thier run into my garden. Their normal run is next to it. They think they have gone to heaven scratching through all the left overs and munching on the greens. Not to mention they start turning over the soil for the spring. I'll leave them in their until spring then switch them back to thier normal run.

chicken stalker ;p :

now that it is fall and my garden is pretty much finished for the year, I switch thier run into my garden. Their normal run is next to it. They think they have gone to heaven scratching through all the left overs and munching on the greens. Not to mention they start turning over the soil for the spring. I'll leave them in their until spring then switch them back to thier normal run.

Thats what my friend does and they are very happy birds. Also if you have house birds like cockatiels or budgies, when you give them fresh feed, you can empty the old stuff out in the run too. My friend also does this and the seeds that got missed grow alot of good surprises for the chickens.​

Back
Top Bottom