I want to hatch 1-2 eggs

ChikenMother27

Hatching
Jul 24, 2021
I want to hatch 1-2 eggs, but I don't know how to make a incubator. We have some roosters and hens. I have a couple eggs that I picked out to see if they would hatch. I kinda want to hatch them with my boobs, but I don't know if that is warm enough for them. I know that I can keep them on me 24/7 without breaking them, but I want to know if that is warm enough. I want it to be a surprise for my parents. I have hatched an egg with my boobs before. I had checked on the chickens and heard one of them peeping while the hens were no where to be seen. My parents thought I was lying and said to just put it in the fridge. I kept it on me for the entire day and it hatched in my bra. I raised her really well, but my parents told me to give her to our broody hen. I did and she died from neglect. I want to prove I can be a good enough mother to raise my own baby, and want to know how to either make a incubator in secret or with my bra. My breasts have gotten larger since I hatched the last baby, so I wonder if it would be good enough as heat or not. I know it is kind of a dumb idea to surprise my parents, but I am still angry that they made me let go of my last baby. I knew she would die without me and I was correct. I don't hold it against them, because it was years ago. I want to hatch another baby though. Please help.

I’m not sure using another living thing whose life you will have to be responsible for as a “surprise” is ever a good idea.

It’s important to note that human body temperature is around 99F while a broody’s body temperature is around 105F.

A chicken eggs requires 99.5F on all sides (hence why still air incubators are set to a higher temperature).

What I’m trying to say is, you body temperature isn’t technically sufficient to hatch a chick as the side that’s not in contact with your skin is going to be cooler than the side touch your skin (which is already cooler than what is ideal).

It’s not impossible, this guy did it, but he did a lot of testing and needed a very specific set up.

I would talk to your parents about building or purchasing an incubator if you are interested in the egg hatching process. It’s fascinating and I think everyone should do it at least once in their life time! And if they don’t agree to it? Well, you’ll have plenty of chances when you become an independent adult :)

Buy a proper incubator, not trying to be a boob Grinch but if you're so inclined to hatch chicks do it properly.:)
I understand entirely. I keep repeating myself with the boob thing, because I want it to be a surprise when there is a baby chicken. That would be the only way, because they check my room, so having a big incubator is very obvious. I pay for the baby chicken food.

I’m not sure using another living thing whose life you will have to be responsible for as a “surprise” is ever a good idea.

It’s important to note that human body temperature is around 99F while a broody’s body temperature is around 105F.

A chicken eggs requires 99.5F on all sides (hence why still air incubators are set to a higher temperature).

What I’m trying to say is, you body temperature isn’t technically sufficient to hatch a chick as the side that’s not in contact with your skin is going to be cooler than the side touch your skin (which is already cooler than what is ideal).

It’s not impossible, this guy did it, but he did a lot of testing and needed a very specific set up.

I would talk to your parents about building or purchasing an incubator if you are interested in the egg hatching process. It’s fascinating and I think everyone should do it at least once in their life time! And if they don’t agree to it? Well, you’ll have plenty of chances when you become an independent adult :)
Thank you. I just wanted to know if body heat was a possibility. I have raised many baby chickens before, so I understand that it is very difficult/important to keep them clean, warm, and hydrated. I have seen the video before and it really cool. It is also crazy that he got a fertilized egg first try.

Back
Top Bottom