i want to make an incubator !!!!???? HELP

Discussion in 'Incubating & Hatching Eggs' started by niccogonz, Oct 24, 2012.

1. yes

3 vote(s)
    75.0%
  2. no

1 vote(s)
    25.0%
  1. niccogonz

niccogonz Out Of The Brooder

May 29, 2012
    i want to make me a incubator but idk if i should because idk if it will work? and how should i make it has anyone made a decent one? whats should i do and how!!!??? anyone with some first hand experience???[​IMG]

2. Y N dottes

Y N dottes Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 1, 2012
    South Central WI
    [​IMG]Hi, wlcome to BYC from Wisconsin...
    this site has many ideas on how to make homemade incubators. if u go to 'learning center, go to hatching eggs, u can find a place where people have posted how to make a hommade incubator on there.

3. bird sitter

bird sitter Chillin' With My Peeps

When i made a homemade incubator i got a plastic storage bin. I Cut a big square hole in the longer side and a circular one on the shorter side closer to the lid. I laminated a laminating sheet so it was clear then i ducktaped it on from the inside to the longer side with a hole. I had a heat lamp so i got the light socket and put it in the circular hole and put foil on the inside of the lid so that the lightbulb would not melt it! I used a 60 watt frosted normal lightbulb and it gets pretty warm! I also get egg cartons and cut the lids off and put them in the botom to hold the eggs! hope i could help!

1 person likes this.
  4. Brookhavens

Brookhavens Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 11, 2012
    Brooksville,FL
    You can look on the incubator section of BYC and see many of the ones members have built. I found a bunch of videos on Youtube that showed you step by step how to do it. It's really not that hard to do.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by