I want to move

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by chixie, Jun 22, 2009.

  1. chixie

    chixie Songster

    Apr 6, 2009
    kountze texas
    I used to love where I live ...Its on a dead end road I have no close neighbors...we are the last home before the end... the only problem we have are people riding 4 wheelers and teenagers going down the road and partying.. it wasn't so bad before because the road had a huge pot hole in the road that covered the whole road so people would have to slow down to get thru... well the people who own the property at the end had the road fixed and now people are speeding past my road... we have my 3 children and my sisters three children on my property... her youngest are 6 and 7... I am afraid they might accidently get hit if the get on the road..
    thats not the only reason... we have some nieghbors that moved in to the home right before my property... they are three single guys... they are showing to much attention to my 16 year old... they have 2 pit bulls that run loose ... they were speeding down the road last night on the 4 wheelers after 11 oclock... my hubby had to go to work early so he went out and talked to them...he was nice to them they were obviously drunk and wouldn't quit talking so my hubby just turned around to go inside.. they came back by about 5 minutes later and yelled out stupid sob...
    the property at the end of our road is up for sale... if I had the money I would buy it and fence it off so people could not go down there to hunt or go four wheeler riding...

    we live so far out if you call the sheriffs department most of the time they wont show up... they always say they are busy ith other things... I am sorry I just needed to vent...
  2. horsejody

    horsejody Squeaky Wheel

    Feb 11, 2008
    Waterloo, Nebraska
    Don't you just wish that you could SSS? I would still call the sheriff. If they don't show up, they don't show up, but sooner or later they will get sick of you calling and do something. Who knows? Maybe law enforcement will be more responsive than you thought. I would at least give them a try.
  3. ChickenToes

    ChickenToes Songster

    May 14, 2008
    NE Wisconsin
    Absolutely call the police! And if they don't do anything, just keep calling them until they do!
  4. Emzyyy

    Emzyyy Runs with Deer

    Jul 14, 2008
    Derby Kansas
    Just keep calling until they show up bug the crap out of them and file report after report we have the same issues in our neighborhood my brother was an inch from getting hit by a speeding car on a dirt road in our neighborhood.
  5. Boyd

    Boyd Recipient of The Biff Twang

    Mar 14, 2009
    if the sheriff won't come up, call the state police. Then I would get in touch with the Mayor's office. your tax dollars pay his salary, so you have equal rights for their protection.
  6. valentinebaby

    valentinebaby Songster

    Mar 23, 2009
    Sherman-Denison, TX
    Absolutely call the sheriff and keep log records each time you do as to who you talked to and whether they responded or not. This scenario can brew into something much larger and unfortunately you may need detailed records!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: