1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I want to order 4 to 6 Easter Egger chickens...

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by dannyj, Sep 10, 2011.

1. dannyj

dannyj Out Of The Brooder

Dec 4, 2010
    I want to order three Easter Egger, or Araucana chickens. I'm not sure which ones are what I'm looking for but thought someone here might be able to help me. We've been getting eggs from a farm that are light olive green, light blueish, beige and brown. I love them and I think they are Easter Egger eggs. Does anyone know where I can get only four to six chickens? We live in town and can only get four to six more chickens. We checked at Mcmurray and they can only ship a minimum of 25 chicks.

Thank you for your help.

2. Yay Chicks!

Yay Chicks! Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 15, 2010
    Forest Grove, OR
    I think My Pet Chicken can send you small quantities, as in mypetchicken.com

Easter Eggers carry the blue egg gene but may lay green, off white or brown eggs. Although Easter Eggers have certain characteristics in common, they do not meet a breed standard.

Araucana's are "rumpless", lay blue eggs, and meet a specific breed standard.

3. Hi! If you would post your location, someone near you might have the chicks you are looking for.
    Good luck!
    [​IMG]
    Lisa

4. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

dont get them at MPC they get theirs from meyer so buy them from meyer to get them cheaper. They also have a minium of 3.

5. N&MSchroeder

N&MSchroeder Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 4, 2011
    SE Idaho
    I have Easter Eggers (as well as other breeds) from My Pet Chicken and have ordered from them several times. They have great customer service and I definitely will be ordering from them again.

6. dannyj

Dec 4, 2010
    Thanks for the great responses. I'm in Wichita, KS. I'll check out Meyer and My pet chicken.

7. 10 point

10 point country boy

Feb 19, 2011
    LaFayette, NY
    N&MSchroeder :

I have Easter Eggers (as well as other breeds) from My Pet Chicken and have ordered from them several times. They have great customer service and I definitely will be ordering from them again.

we got our chicks from MPC and they do have great customer service and they gave us a 100% survival and sexing rate. and we just ordered more set to arrive 9/12.​

8. dannyj

Dec 4, 2010
    Meyer and my pet chicke seem to be out of the easter eggers. [​IMG]

9. thekid

thekid Chillin' With My Peeps

It is a little late in the year, but hey when spring comes around your would have been laying a while ago [​IMG] go ahead wait till spring its worth it [​IMG]

10. Kassaundra

Kassaundra Sonic screwdrivers are cool!

Sep 1, 2010
    Henryetta
    Quote:Have you checked in your states thread?

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by