I want to order Geese but....

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by Rainstorm, Jan 7, 2010.

1. Rainstorm

Rainstorm Chillin' With My Peeps

May 25, 2009
    Lake Placid FLorida
    well im thinning my flock out some, 3 ducks and a sebright pair to order some geese, I was looking at ideal and see they have assorted and chinese in, I definetly dont want Duckzilla chasing me later (chinese) but if Chinese is all they have in then what on earth would be coming in the assortment? will I get other breeds?

2. houndit

houndit There is no H or F in Orpington!

Jul 13, 2008
    Braymer Missouri
    we have Chinese and they are not mean at all! I think it really depends on how they are raised. I do not know what they would send in the assortment.

3. ghulst

ghulst Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 31, 2008
    Zeeland Michigan
  4. ultasol

ultasol Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 30, 2009
    SE Washington
    Or order from Holderread. If you have limited space, investing in quality stock makes it easier to rehome any future offspring.

5. fowltemptress

fowltemptress Frugal Fan Club President

Jan 20, 2008
    You should email them your question. I've always found them to be very prompt at answering queries by email.

6. 19hhbelgian

19hhbelgian Pigs DO Fly!!

Apr 9, 2009
    New Tripoli PA
    I ordered geese from ideal when we were at our old house... We only ordered embden & toulouse. Do you mean they are sold out of the other breeds & the chinese are the only geese they have now? They have future hatch dates for the other breeds if you look at their site.

A good friend of ours has chinese geese. They aren't mean, just very "chatty" [​IMG] I did adore my toulouse and embden geese though. My tulouse pair were very tame, and excellent parents.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by