i want to work on a breed

bahamas

Songster
10 Years
Jan 16, 2010
I want to work on creating a breed called Bahamian Blue Blood bantam

this is the breed corssing Line

Female Male

Haitian Plumed White Furry feathered roo ( i want to buy him from the local petstore hes sooo cute )
amerecuana Hybrid#a
Hybrid#B American Game
Hybrid#C Pheonix
Silkie Hybrid D
Naked Neck Turken Hybrid e
Hybrid F Cornish Hen
Hybrid G White Furry feathered roo
Hybrid h Jersey Giant
Belgian D'uccle Hybdrid i
----- Alll adds up 2 ------ = Bahamian Blue Blood bantam

what say you all.

By white furry rooster, do you mean Silkie?

I don't really get what you're trying to make - And it seems like you're going to have a lot of searching to find those breeds to create it. What exactly are you looking to create? Just a name and some random breeds to cross doesn't help much.

what i'm trying to creat is a good laying, all around nice tempered chicken breed. I've looked at the breed descriptions and although they may prove dificult to find it will work out longter. Its a small project i'll tkae it small step by step.

The prety white roo. No not a silkie .Hes a pure white mutt type roo at the local pet store. Hes kinda lonely. Hes got pheathers on his feet and in between his toes.

This addition is more for the fluffy coat that may add to the appearance of the new bread.

thanx for asking questians.

God Bless
Leslie.

Well, then if you want a good, friendly laying breed - I don't think that throwing in all those will help. I honestly think you'll just get the most mutt-ly chicken known.
hide.gif

You might just want to think, what body type and color do you want? What egg color? Now, what noted sweet breed do you like as a base for your project?

Example: I'd love a feather footed, crested, bearded bird who lays colored, perhaps blue or vibrant green eggs, with a pale blue, perhaps lavender type color, but I don't want the hocks of a Sultan and the flightiness of a Brabanter. I would start with the base of a good, show quality polish hen and a good, show quality blue Ameraucana rooster with really good egg genes. This way, the cross I make isn't dumpy and hatchery-quality looking, and with a focused trait to look for. From there, I would take the offspring with the largest crest and best egg. . . and so on.

I don't want to sound harsh, just want to be sure that you are sure you know what you're looking for, as crossing a hybrid to a new bird, then the next to another new bird, and so on seems kinda "scattered."
smile.png

Well it could be deep down inside you want all of those chickens, but have to come up with an excuse to have them all - thus the "bahamian blue blood bantam". Man, why didn't I think of that excuse with my DH?
wink.png
P.S. Love the name "bahamian blue blood bantam"

Heres my plan.

I'm looking for Medium-large sized bird with slightly silkied feathers and lays darkish blue or olive-brown eggs and is a good producer and often goes broody. also has a long tail and eggs are medium sized.
Thank yall.

Quote:
Silkies already are naturally broody, so I would say to cross a true-blue laying Ameraucana to a Silkie, grab the best one for both feathers and . . . You'know what? There's already a "Silkied" Ameraucana, you can start with them and see if you like them, if not, what would you want to improve? Because if you want a Silkie-feathered bird who's broody, friendly, and lays a good colored egg - All you need is the colored egg to cross in. Oh, and the tail - Ameraucanas have a pretty good tailbase, especially in males.
smile.png

Here's the one with the "silkied" Ameraucana - Very fluffy, furry looking and lay a bluish egg - Here. It's a pretty long thread, as these birds are becoming veerry popular.

Back
Top Bottom