I Wanted 5 chicken so now I have 17

AdriannaGrows

In the Brooder
Jan 6, 2022
Tulare. CA
I have been a chicken tender since December 2020. Out of my first 10 chicks 8 survived and thrived. At about 5 months I lost the rooster of the flock. September 2020 I ordered 10 chicks with the expectation of losing a few. Utter joy that that they all survived.

I have a total of 17 Black Australorp chickens. 7 layers and 10 I assume are pullets but I am not so great at sexing them.

I just love listening to the sounds and watching my chickens.

I try to garden, and I am learning about water canning and pressure canning. Most things do not hold my interest long with the exception of being a Chicken Tender.

Me and my flock are located in Tulare CA. I built my coop from free wood, a picture in my head, and help from my bestie.
2 years before I ordered my chickens I did my due diligence and kept gleening so much information from BYC. When it came to building my coop I found myself here again. Since the day I got my first set I have returned here on a monthly basis at the least. I decided I am probably should join the community that I keep popping in on because I still have questions that come up and I constantly stumble across information I haven't even begin to think about.

Attachments

• 20220108_104519.jpg
    20220108_104519.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom