I wanted to share this coop with you

Quote:
Not I, and obviously after looking at your page, not you. WOW!!
ep.gif
about yours also. What a magnificent show of workmanship. Are you a perfectionist in all areas of your life? I know sometimes it can stop me from even getting started on a project because I know I can't do it the way it needs to be done. Doesn't look like that's a problem for you. Luck chickens, lucky you.

Looks similar to my coop. We have 8 chickens. I wish it was bigger, but then I would just get more girls. We found it up in Lancaster for around $569 I believe. We also saw one similar for sale here in MD for over $1,000, just a little bigger. So prices vary. The Amish fellow we bought it from was fantastic. He made it up into a kit with the walls and floor all put together so we could bring it home in our pickup. We the just had to put it together.

36329_img_8903.jpg

36329_img_8878.jpg

Last edited:
I saw a coop that looked a lot like this one at the Grange Fair Encampment in Centre Hall PA in August for $1,300. The pop door was in the floor with a levy system to tie it closed or to leave it open. In addition to the windows on the front it also had a window on each side and in the back. It was really nice, and the price reflected that. Delivery was extra.

Will hunt for food. I love your coop. I'd take one like that. Could you build it for me?

Opa, when I looked inside it wasn't insulated. Where did you see $200.00 did I miss that? You know if it is $1,800. and you have it say 10 years thats only $180.00 a year, $15.00 a month. I don't think that's do bad. But I may be dead in 10 years. I'll have to will it to my grandchildren. LOL

Tecalli, it did have a pop door with a levy system. You may be able to see the ladder it was down in the pic. This one had windows on the sides but not the back.

ACRE, my DH put his horse trailer for sale on craigslist. SO MAYBE things are looking up. Two people called about it already and we just put it in yesterday.

SandyK, I like yours too. I better get something better soon, winter is coming.

FLChickens What state do you live in?

So I called them and the lady that was at the fair didn't work today so I was given another number and I had to leave a message.
th.gif

And the price is:

+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+
+ $1345.00,

but if I take the one they left at the fair they would give me a whole $50.00 off.
lau.gif
$50.00 won't cover their gas to come and get it and take it back. So I will let them pick it up.

They're on the internet so I'm going to see what else they have.

That actually is a very reasonable price if you add up the cost of all the materials and consider how many hours would be required to build it.

Back
Top Bottom