I was attacked!!!!

plumberroy

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 19, 2009
I am a newby here but not to chickens . We all ways had laying hens growing up. Do to an involuntary job change I had to move to take a new job. The up side to this mess is the new house is located where I can have chickens again.
big_smile.png
So I ran over to Orcsheln's and pick up 10 barred rock chicks, 6 pullets and 4 roosters out of the fryer special pen one rooster will be the man of the coop . the other 3 will be invited to dinner, as the main coarse, of coarse
big_smile.png

Any way I was picking some shavings out of the feeder last night and the smallest pullet charges out of the group pecks my finger nail runs back to the group, eye balls me for a couple second and does it again
lau.gif
runs back to the group and gives me that take some of that look
gig.gif
I laughed me behind off
thought you all might enjoy that
Roy
chicks1.jpg

cute fluffers... but that's no excuse... you must go in with full body armor for all such encounters .... the will RIP
ep.gif
...... your heart out

clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif

congrats on the new babies... aren't they fun to watch

The little ones are so funny when they start displaying their "big chicken" behaviors. My personal favorite is "The Scratch" and "The Dust Bath".
big_smile.png
BTW, here's hoping your little brave, brash pullet is really a pullet...
wink.png

Quote:
It isn't a big deal to me if she turns out to be a he . all though her life expectancy might be longer if she is a she . In my small coop when it comes to roosters" there can be only one"
Roy

get yourself some mealworms aka chicken crack. THrow one into the broder and watch them play keepaway. Its hilarious. I sometime throw two flys in with my two dutch chicks and they still play the game .Just running like crazy trying to keep their goody away from each other.

Back
Top Bottom