I was called to pick up a stray peacock... WOW...

Discussion in 'Peafowl' started by texascowboy1979, Jan 15, 2011.

1. texascowboy1979

texascowboy1979 Chillin' With My Peeps

So a lady was searching peacock breeders and came across my site, so she called me. She said that she had a white female peacock that has been hanging out around the neighborhood for about a week. No one knows where she came from or anything. So she called me to remove the bird.

I get to her house... and its a nice house... like out of a dream, but that not the topic, any hoo, so I go to back yard and I quickly find the peahen. She was not to shy but still reserved. She was in a short tree and I managed to cather her within 2 mins...

Upon Closer inspection, the peahen looks great, and in a better note, she is not a white peahen. Its been raining all day here so she was all wet and dirty, but to me, at least until she drys off, to me she looks like a "black Shoulder Cameo hen". She's almost all white, has brown on her neck, a few brown flight feathers, and very very very little brown on her back. Ill post pictures of her once the weater is better and shes dry. I gave her a de-wormer and an antibiotic... just to be safe.

2. Sir Birdaholic

Sir Birdaholic Night Knight

AWESOME! Love the freebies! Especially ones like that! [​IMG]

3. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

Congrats! Uh, I don't know what a cameo hen is, but I am

[​IMG]

eagerly awaiting pics!! [​IMG]

4. Deanner03

Deanner03 The Cake Queen

Quote:Yeah...that!

5. bockbock2008

bockbock2008 Why do they call me crazy??

Dec 30, 2008
    Southwest Indiana
    Quote:Why don't I every get any of those kind of calls? [​IMG]

6. texascowboy1979

Quote:[​IMG]

7. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Me either! [​IMG]

Though I did once get a call about some turkeys in somebodies garage... but they were mine and got locked up after that. [​IMG]

8. Phage

Phage Mad Scientist Premium Member

Aug 1, 2009
    San Diego, CA
    The BS cameo hens I hatched a while back
    [​IMG]

9. texascowboy1979

Quote:Last year in spring the police showed up telling me there was a small flock of peafowl running loose and if I wanted them..> i was all excited... We went to go see them... the the bugggers turned out to be mine... [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

So needless to say, I pushed them home, and put them all in there own pens... They arent loose anymore. the only peafowl loose are 2 extra males I have.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011
  10. Frosty

Frosty Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 30, 2008
    ND
    Quote:Phage, do you have any pictures showing the whole pen? How big is it? How easy to move? Please tell me all about it!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by