I was sold as a Cuckoo Maran.... am I?

ginormous chicken

Songster
9 Years
Jan 18, 2011
Elverta, California
So this chick was sold as a cuckoo maran. She is now a little over 3 weeks. She doesn't have the white dot of the cuckoos and at 3 weeks there is absolutely no mottling of grey and white. Is she still a Maran or is this a Australorp or something else? What do you all think. Please help, I have to decide if I am going to keep her!

77220_p3020702.jpg

77220_p3020700.jpg

This is her at 6 days

77220_p2140680.jpg

What do you all think?

I don't think so - not with those black legs. Also, if she didn't have a black dot on her head, she's probably not going to be cuckoo either (not that she looks like she's feathering out that way).

Here is a picture of my 3 1/2 week old cuckoo maran with a 2 1/2 delaware in front of her. Maybe she is one of the solid colored Marans?

79656_deli_and_cookie_3_01_11a.jpg
[/img]

No... I had a black sex link...it was pure black. But yeah..... not a cuckoo maran!!
barnie.gif
Could she be a really crappy Black Copper with no fuzzy feet? I know some lines don't have fuzzy feet.
he.gif
I am disappointed!!!

Maybe I should just wait... I am curious how this plays out. But still ...
somad.gif

Last edited:
Kinda looks like my 4 week old Black Copper Marans chicks... minus the feather legs...

22466_100_0261.jpg

they are really in a 'scruffy' phase right now, but same little white on the breast, and otherwise black... black legs...

Back
Top Bottom