I was SURE I was only getting 6 chickens! NO more then 10 for sure!

I would love to have all chicken lovers on our land!
lau.gif
Wouldn't that just be great! We could all have one BIG flock of chickens all congregating together as a family.
tongue.png

oh do i know this song and dance routine
sad.png

I met my hubby and he asked me what I wanted in the future. I told him I wanted a house, some kids, 3 chickens and a guy who loved me like crazy. He just looked at me and said... chickens??

Well, fast forward 9 years later and we got the house, working on the kids...the guy loves me like crazy <yay> and I have my 3 chickens...which grew to 6...then ended up being 8 we brought home instead of the three
tongue.png

We lost 4...and my dear dear love of my life says..."I was thinking...we should have more than the 4 we have...they look lonely. Lets get a few more. "

"Oh..." say I. "How many were you thinking? 1 or 2?" <not wanting to press my luck>

"No...was actually thinking 6...or 8 even!"

"Total?"

"Nope
smile.png
In addition!! Let's get about 8 chicks in the spring...so 12 girls all together...yes...yes that should work. Oh and they will need a bigger house...so I'll start making plans. And they will need a bigger run.... hmmm ok let me start thinking and you get ideas on how I can make the coop better"

" ......" <blink> "Who ARE you???"

Yes my poor "hen-pecked" hubby wants more girls...and I didnt have to do a thing
smile.png
Had to talk him into the original flock of 8 and he fell hard. And to think we were ONLY going to start with 3
smile.png

I think I created a monster lol

My husband too thinks I have went nutts lol!!!!

I have Barnevelder young hens and roosters (and ordered some eggs on the way to hatch for hopefully some more hens)

I have welsummer pullets, young hens & roos

Cukoo Marans

None of the above are old enough to lay for me yet......

Then I have some Buff & Some Barred Rock Pullets & Roos that I got from Cackle Hatchery

I just hatched out 14 Giant Blue Cochins & have 5 more pipping today (ordered 24 eggs, so I think that is a pretty good hatch rate!!!)

I have black copper Maran eggs in the incubator that I am crossing my fingers hatch as well as the cochins did in about 2 weeks...

I am suppose to be getting some Giant Partridge Cochin, Giant Silver Laced Cochin, Americauna, & Cuckoo Pullets in a few weeks and a few roos to go with them.

My husband thinks I have lost my mind hehehe.

Dawn

Last edited:
LMAO I was given a strict limit of 10........................................

I currently have 36????? ep

OK do we all have whimpy hubby's then???
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
lau.gif
OH gosh I hope he doesn't see this post!
wink.png
I TOLD him we should just make our coop bigger to begin with but NOOO!​

No........ believe me... it wasn't easy getting past that 11th chicken!! He put up a good fight..... in the end though, I think he just realized he liked them more than he wanted to admit
wink.png
Now.... if I wanted to keep a bunch of barnyard mixes he would say no way..... but as long as they are full-blooded, I'm ok
wink.png
It's a residual emotional thing since his parents were animal collectors
tongue.png
To him they are worth more if they are quality... which I spose is mostly true anyhow
tongue.png

Okay since we are all fessing up, if you need a laugh for the day ------ go to the raising baby chicks section and read the edited version of my lastest saga... titled " OMG I did it again! that wil be the most I will confess at this time. No ---- I am not addicted --- I can stop whenever I feel like it, -------------------- I just don't feel like it yet!!!! Besides hubbys thinking of adding on to the coop in the spring and that will just fuel the fire. Trudy

lol.png
I was only going to have 5. Now we are up to 32! Of course I told them we could always eat any extra roosters or sale them to make a few bucks.

Back
Top Bottom