I was told these were Araucanas, but I don't think that's correct.

Ashspd50

In the Brooder
5 Years
Apr 14, 2014
What are these little babies? I can't find pictures of araucanas anywhere online that look like these.
[/IMG][/IMG]

Lightchick, can you see the picture that is in the comments. I definitely wouldn't consider the legs blue.

Ladycat, I got them from a local feed store. They were labeled as araucanas and I even questioned the owner of the business who acted like I was an idiot and told me they were definitely araucanas and would produce blue eggs.

Lightchick, can you see the picture that is in the comments. I definitely wouldn't consider the legs blue.

Ladycat, I got them from a local feed store. They were labeled as araucanas and I even questioned the owner of the business who acted like I was an idiot and told me they were definitely araucanas and would produce blue eggs.
I was in the middle of answering to the first picture and when I was done then I saw the other pic.
Yes, they are not blue but they are dark colored. I don't know what other breed they might be, but they could be a "hatchery quality" araucanas. Sorry if I looked blind for a second.

Lol. Yes, hey are definitely not what I was expecting. The overall color is totally different than what I'm familiar seeing in araucanas. I agree with some of the other posters that they are probably easter eggers of some sort. They seem to bully my other chicks as well, chasing them and pulling out feathers. I think ultamely I will be finding a new home for them.

Back
Top Bottom