1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

I was wondering if anyone know what kind of new chicken I got today.

Discussion in 'Raising Baby Chicks' started by punkgirrl, Sep 22, 2008.

1. punkgirrl

punkgirrl Out Of The Brooder

Sep 22, 2008
    I got 4 little guys or girls. I have no clue what kind of chicken they are, can anyone help?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This one has blue legs how cute.
    [​IMG]

Thank you for any help
    and I am so sorry if this is the wrong spot.
    Have a great day!

2. lilshadow

lilshadow Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 8, 2008
    Milaca, MN
    That first one looks like a little roo, cochin maybe, because of the feathered feet.

3. debilorrah

debilorrah The Great Guru of Yap Premium Member

2nd one looks like a RIR

4. farmergal

farmergal Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 21, 2008
    Nor Cal
    third one -- EE / aracauna? my little ones have very similar feather patterning.

5. pkeeler

pkeeler Chillin' With My Peeps

Jul 20, 2008
    Shamong
    #1 looks like a white cochin at this point. #2, not sure. #3 could be an EE, but also might be a black-breasted red Game.

6. chickiebaby

chickiebaby Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 2, 2008
    western mass
    One thing they are for sure is sweet.

7. The Chicken Lady

The Chicken Lady Moderator Staff Member

Apr 21, 2008
    West Michigan
    I think the third one might be an EE, not sure yet... Post some more pics in a week or so! [​IMG]

Thanks for sharing! They're adorable!

8. punkgirrl

Sep 22, 2008
    Thank you all for getting back to me. I am so excited. I was to pick up Barred Rocks but they had sold them all. So I got some marked Batman. I was thinking it was a type. But looks like it was more the size of the chicken. oops. You live you learn.
    So all 4 of my new brood (That is what the group is called right?) made it through the night. So one day closer to eggs. But thank you again for all your guesses. We will see who gets it right in a few weeks.

9. shelleyd2008

shelleyd2008 the bird is the word

Sep 14, 2008
    Adair Co., KY
    'Batman'? Think you probably mean 'bantam' [​IMG] I would say the 2nd one is a RIR. The first is probably a cochin, although mine are all black or blue, so it looks a little different [​IMG] As for the third, I really don't know. Hope you figure it out! though in my opinion, I think mixed breed anythings are more fun! It's always 'eggs'citing to see what you end up with!

10. punkgirrl

Sep 22, 2008
    LOL yeah my chicks are not part batman:(
    But i almost feel out from the 'eggs'citing. That was just to cute.

Do any of you have a RIR? are they nice? I do not want my 1st chicken to kick my butt.
    Thank you again for all your help. This is a whole new world. I have 2 weeks before they might be outside. I have to come up with a coop fast.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by