I went to the store for more chicks, came back with ducks

Our mail carrier delivered a package today and I asked him about shipping he said it’s crazy right now and not a good time to be ordering live poultry because so many people are home an ordering on line which is over whelming the postal service. He said only him now usually has 50 packages a week to deliver now it’s over 300 we are rural so imagine what is going on in large cities.
That's crazy! We got our new ducklings yesterday, it took about 2 days for them to ship from California to Vermont & the post office call me to pick them up @ 6:15 in the morning (thank goodness I'm an early riser) the original delivery date per the tracking was the following day (today)

That’s awesome! How are they doing?
They are all settled in at home. I could hear them as soon as the postal worker opened the door. The Rouen was 1 week & 4 days at arrival while the Cayugas were 4 days old on arrival. Eating and drinking plenty, and making puddles when they can from their drinking water

Attachments

• 9CA385F6-12AA-4EFA-90DC-715210C1F6E1.jpeg
    9CA385F6-12AA-4EFA-90DC-715210C1F6E1.jpeg
    406.4 KB · Views: 2
Congrats! I wanted ducks, but figured i had better start with something i know...chickens...since i started from nothing...(like building a coop this year and lirchasing all supplies). That would totally throw my husband over the edge. There's always next year...LOL

Congrats! I wanted ducks, but figured i had better start with something i know...chickens...since i started from nothing...(like building a coop this year and lirchasing all supplies). That would totally throw my husband over the edge. There's always next year...LOL
Thanks! To be honest this is my first time with any agricultural birds & we went all out with both ducks & chickens. And have purchased way more than initially agreed upon for this year. (Mainly me, I've been adding to the numbers 😂). And we are both essential workers so we've been building the chicken coop, duck coop & respective runs on weekends we've had off. Which have come few & far between due to my husband being call out for storm restoration work

Back
Top Bottom