I will never be nominated for Mother of the year Award thread

Quote:
When my middle one would tell me he was going to run away and live on the hill, I would remind him just to take what was his that he purchased or a gift....and since he did not want clothes for gifts...he would have to go neked. LOL

I'm new here, but after reading the last 20 pages, it has become obvious that I will fit right in. Your stories have left me laughing and encouraged. My DSs are 8 and 10, and I am one of those mean moms too who expect their kids to be responsible for themselves, to make good choices and to accept the consequences of their choices whether they good ones or bad. You have given me a new perspective on their bedrooms and I like it. After we finish the summer cleaning that we have started, I will leave the condition of their rooms up to them provided I can actually walk in and reach their beds without stepping on Legos so they can be whisked out in case of emergency. I have stories of my own, but I can't think of any right now. I'll check in with them later.

Well my now 8 yr old son reminded me when he was tramatized about 5 years ago.

We had been at a festival in town and we got back way after dark. All tired and trying to get in the house to go to bed we walked in and closed the door. Not realizing the 3 yr old was not in the house we turned out the light too. About a minute later he is franticly banging on the door and crying the wolves are going to eat me. When we let him in I tried to comfort him and he said to little to late. I am mad at you. He was almost 4 and outside for like a minute alone and I felt like the worst mom in the world.

That is just one of the many reasons I know I will never be nominated Mother of the year.
roll.png

My little girl is five and although she never actually comes right out and says I'm a mean Mommy, the expressions on her face say it for her.

I expect her to use manners, be polite to all adults. This included proper titles, such as "Mr. Mrs, Miss, Sir and Ma'am"

She must pick up all of her toys and store them in the spots they belong before taking anything else out to play with.

I do discipline my daughter. Sometimes, it's standing in the corner, at times loss of a privilege, other times it's early bed time.

I will not tolerate mouthing off, interrupting, or bad attitudes. Everyone has a crummy day sometimes, and at that point it's just time to take a nap.

She's never been one to lie or be sneaky or even really get into things. HOWEVER - when she was three years old, she slathered herself head to toe with a brand new 32 ounce jar of Vaseline. It took two hours in the tub, lot's of scrubbing and me clamping my mouth shut, so as not to yell at her. A week and a half later, her hair was *still* limp and greasy! She never repeated that.

When she turned four, she decided to get up early one day and fix her own breakfast. Let's just say that raw eggs on top of cheerios make for a very ill little girl. She never did that again either!

Five years old now and the most recent adventure was when she wanted to give the guinea pigs a treat. I told her to grab the clear bag off the kitchen counter and give them a few treats. MY FAULT entirely. I wasn't clear about which specific bag, the contents OR how many a "few" is. The piggies got about two cups worth of mini rainbow marshmallows. Thank goodness they were all okay!

OK I blew the award completely today...
roll.png

Kids were swimming and I said, grab some shorts we need to run to the grocery store for bread and milk. DD1 grumbles but goes in. tick tick tick tick time is going by and no kid. DD@ comes to the door asks if she can wear a skirt over her suit I say fine, not great but OK. Then I hear DD1 sobbing her eyes out. I know we are in trouble so she comes to the door - not to be outdone she is wearing a multi-colored tankini top over a multi-colored patterned dressy easter skirt! What?!

I laugh. (big mistake never laugh at a prepubescent girl mid breakdown) I say No and the drama mama begins! Screams and tears I have NOTHING to wear. I count to ten about ten times and go into her room. Which is a disaster.....
barnie.gif
I keep counting and breathing. We just need to run to the store so I can get busy on dinner you know?

I choose an outfit. NO, she can't wear that its embarrassing. There is a Disney character on it.

I start really getting mad at this point. I say I am leaving in two minutes either you are dressed and in the car or you stay here and clean this room. I want any and all clothes that you refuse to wear in the hallway so they can be gone through by your little sister or given away. Your choice, are you going or staying?

Now the screams ratchet up another notch. She comes to the door in a green patterned T-shirt over a white and blue checked skirt.
he.gif
Most days I would have just let her go and embarrass herself. But since she had refused to wear a white t with a Disney charachter I knew she was just being ....
rant.gif

So, not so proud moment, I lost my temper. You WILL stay here and you WILL clean that room and you WILL sort out those clothes.

So while I am gone she calls DH to tell on me!!
barnie.gif
Dh correctly assumes there is more to the story... backs up my orders and calls me. Ugh.
Friend with no children tells me I should not have lost my temper at her.
smack.gif

It's all blown over now. She's fine, I am exhausted. Room is clean. NO award for me........
hit.gif

No, you did good! She was being a pest, she had to stay home. She'll learn being a pest will not work, and become a good adult.

Oh, three of the boys got silly at Wal-mart. I simply said "I do not think gentlemen behave like this in public." They know that means shape up or you will not go to the store for a while. A busybody was MAD I want my boys to be gentlemen in public!

We were in mcDonalds a year or so ago, not a common occurrence I must add lol, and my son then aged 7 was being grumpy and miserable so I told him to cheer up or no food, he shouted no, and I told him that everyone was watching him misbehave. he calmed down and I saw this family sitting there stuffing their faces talking about us, I turned to them and said 'if you think you can do any better then feel free to take him home and show him' they didn't look at us again ! And my son was impeccably behaved after.

Last edited:
Quote:
You go girl!

Wish I had you with me when I got a comment like that about my 1 yr old at Olive Garden one night. Sheesh!

Back
Top Bottom