I will never be nominated for Mother of the year Award thread

feather and mountain man

Corn fed Indiana farmgirl
10 Years
Jan 17, 2010
I decided to start a thread for all my worst MOM moments funny or not. I just feel like sharing some stories of my family. You are welcome to share, laugh, cry or OMG with me.
big_smile.png

So this morning I was a lil slow moving and was heading out the door to take the kids to the bus stop wearing nightgown, covered by a babyblue robe, with a sage green garden working coat on, and my muck boots.

When my oldest boy says can we drive to the bus stop?

Why it is sunny and not windy today?

The youngest says cause I'm tired.
My secound son says yes lets drive please!
My daughter says lets drive cause your dressed like a bumb.
The oldest boy says yeah that!

The look of horror on their faces was priceless as I walked pasted the car.
lau.gif

At 50 years old, having raised three children (to be 25, 21 and 18, this year), I have lost count of the number of times I have said "Well, there goes my Mother of the Year Award, again!"

lau.gif
gig.gif

I'm thinking about having that carved on my headstone.

After the summer from heck I went to work full time there went my mother of the year award. This was the summer that one day they dumped over 50 toads on my kitchen/dinning room floor. The play snakes in the laundry, worms in their sister bed the list goes on.

I like this thread already! I think there is gonna be some real good reading on here. Can't think of any bad moments off the top of my head but the DH lost our daughter once for a short time while at home. She had curled up in a lawn chair and went to sleep and he couldn't see her. I feel somewhat responsible but don't know why!

Ok my worst MOM moment was when I accidently locked my keys and (oldest son) at the age of 3 months then in the car at the grocery store.
he.gif
80's outside, in the sun, and I had no cell phone back then. I had to leave the car go into the store ask the manager to call for help and the police showed up and the jaws of life showed up too incase they could not get in the car. I was never so scared in my whole life!

Well luckily they were able to pick the lock fairly quickly and he slept through the whole thing.
roll.png

Last edited:
I'm not sure it's my worst. It's certainly up there: when my daughter was about 6, I was rushing around getting ready to take her to school . I forgot something in the house and told her to get in the car. I came out, started it up and drove halfway to school ( about a mile) before I realized she wasn't in the car. Apparently she had forgotten something, too.

I am a HORRIBLE mother. I make my children do things like chores. I ignore the temper tantrums at 3, so they don't throw them at 10. DD14 is throwing hissy fits/tantrums as a teenaged girl, so I am MEAN and treat her like she's 3. Stomp your feet and whine, must be a long day for you, so you need an early bed time.

DD3 was almost 2. She was addicted to her blasted paci. I HATE those stupid things, I try to get the kids to give 'em up ASAP. Kid is walking and talking, they don't need a stupid paci in their mouth. Ok, so she was just starting to talk. DD14 (then 13) told her only babies use pacis a few times, but DD3 wanted her paci.
barnie.gif
he.gif
rant.gif

We were at the store, there was a 6-7 y/o who was throwing a fit over not getting a cookie. DD3 saw this, STARED at the kid. Walked over to kid. Took that stupid paci out of her mouth, handed it to the kid and said "Babies need. I big." and walked back to me.

Never did ask for her paci after that, she was BIG then and only babies used pacis.
wee.gif

Quote:
If this is what it takes to be a horrible mother then I am in!!! My DD6 (then 1 1/2) decides to throw a tantrum in the middle of the mall. Throws herself on the floor and all. I calmly walked away and stood about 10-15 feet from her and waited for her to finish. People were walking by and kinda flabbergasted! It took her less than a minute to figure out she wasn't getting the reaction she wanted from me and picked herself up and we went on about our day!! My kids, twin DD's6, remind me now and again that I am a mean mom!!! I say, "Yep cuz that's my job! It's not my job to be your friend. It's my job to be your mom and sometimes that means I gotta be mean!!!"

When my kids said I hate you I always good that means I am doing my job they hated that mine had chores, and had to deal with garage sale clothes. The kids never minded they where better dressed then most of the other kids who had new clothes. here is a funny story wasn't at the time but now is. Some busy body call the local social services and said that I spanked my kids and that all they ate was tv dinners. The social worker asked my oldest DD who was around 9-10 at the time if I spanked my DD said no I get grounded or lose something or have to do extra chores I wish she would spank me then it would be done and over, social worker was a little taken back so next question does you mom make you eat tv dinners all the time my DD says no we get home cooked meals meat, potatoes or pasta and veggie and bread I wish I could have tv dinners but mom just cooks from scratch I have such a hard life. Social work just shakes her head says thank you and leaves. Never heard another word from them.
gig.gif

Back
Top Bottom