I wish *I* was getting $65,000

Discussion in 'Family Life - Stories, Pictures & Updates' started by BedHead, Jan 14, 2010.

1. BedHead

BedHead Out Of The Brooder

Dec 17, 2009
    Alberta
    WARNING: blatant pity post.

My husband is inheriting money from his grandma and we're using it to do much needed home renos, and he's getting a new vehicle. (I got one last year). If there's any leftover after that we may splurge on a few things but I wish *I* was the one getting it because there's so much I would love to spend it on!! Like the worlds fanciest chicken hotel!!! I'd LOVE to build a chicken coop if I had unlimited finds like that - can you IMAGINE?!?!? I'd also get a new computer! A Wii fit!! All things we don't NEED but would be so nice to have. I'd give the kids a couple hundred to spend on themselves, get some new clothes, and maybe THEN I would think about investing it in the house.

You can see why he's the one who does our family saving. [​IMG]

2. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

If I was able to get renovations done to my home, I'd consider it very much for me.

3. fordmommy

fordmommy Dancing With My Chickens

Jul 16, 2009
    Wisconsin
    That would be nice. I'd go on vacation to somewhere warm. [​IMG]

4. Whispering Winds

Whispering Winds Chillin' With My Peeps

I would do some remodeling on my house first thing, and then build a heck of barn that would house the Alpacas and my other furry wanted friends . . . then build a nice big chicken house away from that barn because of disease and save some for emergencies, and a rainy day, and then think CHRISTMAS in great big letters!!!!

5. the Pollo Loco

the Pollo Loco Chillin' With My Peeps

May 27, 2009
    Santa Cruz,CA
    post should have read: blatantly selfish-post!!![​IMG]

6. Marlinchaser

Marlinchaser Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 18, 2007
    MERRY LAND
    Quote:[​IMG]

7. sred98

sred98 Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    Oklahoma
    I would pay off the rest of the evil credit cards, probably buy me another car...mine is on it's last legs/wheels! [​IMG] Give everyone (5 of us) $1000 to spend on whatever they want, and take a vacation to somewhere warm, too! [​IMG]

Surely your DH will let you spend some of it for yourself, right?? [​IMG] [​IMG] [​IMG]

Price some cheap buildings at Lowe's or somewhere like that for a coop. Show him some expensive ones, first, though! [​IMG] A Wii Fit is only about $100, so that's not that much.

If you do most of the renos yourself, you can save a lot of money! Tiling is really easy to do! So are wood and laminate floors!

Good Luck!

Shelly

8. AngieChick

AngieChick Poultry Elitist

I'd set some aside for taxes (sure to come on a lump sum like that!) and put some in the house, we bought a bit of a fixer upper last summer. Then I would stash the rest in savings. Boring, but true!

9. asher

asher Chicken Enabler Extraordinaire

Jan 26, 2007
    Mountains of NC
    I would buy a pretty little chicken coop for the front yard then set up some savings accounts ala Dave Ramsey, a $1k account and then one with 3-6mths savings in it.

Hope you at least get a little blow money! :)

10. gritsar

gritsar Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!

Nov 9, 2007
    SW Arkansas
    Quote:Me too

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by