I wish there was a dating site for bird/exotic lovers

Dani, you are a beautiful woman,..
Trust me, you'll find the RIGHT guy,.. BUT dont settle for anything less.
It will happen when its supposed to...

We are all glad our pets cannot speak.
gig.gif

I think it would be wonderful, until the parrot started screaming, "Get a room. Please."

How much do you know about camels? They are stubborn, noisy creatures, with an unpleasant habit of spitting at you. They belch almost continually and their breath is positively toxic. Their hair has a habit of coming out in patches which gives the appearance of cheap, moth eaten carpet underfelt. They have a superior expression at all times, and the most amazingly long eyelashes. I love them!

I've been partner-less for over twelve years. (I think that's the family-friendly way to couch the concept, I hope.)

It IS hard to find a fella who loves animals to the extent I love mine. My two dogs sleep with me, and so does one cat on an episodic basis, being nocturnal, the cat doesn't spend the whole night on the bed, but the wiener dogs burrow under the covers with me.

I don't get freaked out by a chicken in the house; just chase 'em back out and wipe up the evidence.

I am responsible for the care, maintenance, health and happiness of my flock. Human beings can take care of their own meals and surroundings - they have opposable thumbs and can pick up after themselves and even serve themselves. I am perfectly able to clean wounds, apply band-aids and/or hot or cold compresses on people, but there ain't gonna be no waiting hand and foot on one unless that person is ill or incapacitated. It would be nice to have somebody of the same species to snuggle with, though!

Last edited:
Thanks for the sweet words & funny thoughts everyone
big_smile.png

My animals are all too smart for their own good so when getting a room time comes around, everyone goes to their appropriate cages & crates
duc.gif

How much do you know about camels? They are stubborn, noisy creatures, with an unpleasant habit of spitting at you. They belch almost continually and their breath is positively toxic. Their hair has a habit of coming out in patches which gives the appearance of cheap, moth eaten carpet underfelt. They have a superior expression at all times, and the most amazingly long eyelashes. I love them!

You are very right about most of that though with the Dromedaries, I've only been spat on once & that was while breaking a wild arab youngster to saddle & she was very flighty. Their breath doesn't smell bad to me but maybe it's what you feed.
They have their place in my life though for a quick ride out, I think I'll always prefer a horse. I was horse riding in utero & before I could walk but I've only worked with camels sporadically over the years. I can read a horse like a book but camels always just look scared or annoyed to me. Or hungry if you've got something tasty
droolin.gif

My dog sleeps in my arms every night-the best spooner ever
love.gif

She's small, hairless & usually smells like coconut though so I've yet to have any objections. If there were, she would sleep on a blanket next to my side of the bed as she did most of the time I was with my ex.

Last edited:
SO FUNNY that you should bring this up, danischi, when I was just thinking about how much an animal crazy dating site is needed! I'm a nurturer by nature which is the reason that I have all these little chicks, pregnant horses, laying guinea fowl, abandoned/abused parrots and dogs...I could go on ad-nauseum. My friends think I'm nuts most of the time (officially the crazy bird lady - I told my nieces to warn me when I'm approaching the crazy Auntie level), although my family is very understanding. My mom wanted to drain our inground pool in California so we could fill it with salt water and keep otters! So I come from good stock
lau.gif

It is tough to find a partner willing to tolerate the critters...even though I am another one where my partner always comes first. My ex never said a word about the animals even though he was not a huge animal lover. Then again...I didn't have 3 brooders full of chickies in the living room when he was around...hmmm...

Maybe we should start up a site, danischi! There must be others like us out there!

RH Ranch, I dont think the adminstrator and mods would allow that. It has been done before and all the threads got shut down. I remember one of the mods said, BYC is not a dating service, never is, and never will be.

Good luck!

Camels are gross but good to watch from the distance. I'd prefer Llamas.

Back
Top Bottom