i wish this wasn't happening

Chickenrandomness

12 Years
Sep 13, 2009
Stanley, North Dakota
its almost solid as a rock, moving back to suburban life, i'm moving back to the same house as i was when i first got a BYC account. MEDINA MN! they don't allow "Poultry" unless you have 2 acres of land, well i have a third of an acre, today i'm going to ask for a Zoning Variance, like i read in my Raising Chickens For Dummies my parents said it would be ok, i could get 2 pullets! but not as chicks
hmm.png
i'll just have to go pick up the 2 from strombergs. i wish i didn't move! i'm acktually in Medina MN right now. any suggestions on which cold hardy breeds i should get?

**Edited for language**

Last edited by a moderator:
but even if i don't get approved to get chickens, i got my school, and you fellas to back me up and pation them, my school really supports me with chickens (this is a different school then the one in ND)

The only thing that I can say for cold hardiness... I have had many varieties over the years and the only problems that I have had were with larger comb types getting frostbite on the combs. So stick with smaller comb types, or types with pea combs. The ones that got frozen were roosters (Buff Orp and Barred Rock) and Leghorns, hens and roos. Sorry about the move and how did I miss another Dak here?!?

I can't figure out why people can have giant evil looking, car chasing dogs, but in some areas, no chickens!
idunno.gif
Oh, well, I'm not really one to talk, I have 3 Great Pyranese.... Sometimes ADULTS don't want to get out of thier cars! We will go out there, and they will point and go, "are they safe??"
gig.gif
Anyway, I hope it all works for ya!

It drives me crazy how fearful some places are of chickens. Now, don't get me wrong, I love all animals, but if I had to choose between a neighbor with two dogs and a neighbor with two chickens, I'd pick the chickens every time.

I hope you get your variance.

Back
Top Bottom