I wish we were all this lucky to live here.

After reading the right-hand column......"What is permissible?".......I'll pass. Rural living is better than living under a lax Gestapo any day. They want to inspect your yard and such to see if they will "allow" you to own chickens. Oh what freedom. William Wallace would be proud.

After reading the right-hand column......"What is permissible?".......I'll pass. Rural living is better than living under a lax Gestapo any day. They want to inspect your yard and such to see if they will "allow" you to own chickens. Oh what freedom. William Wallace would be proud.

I'd love to live in country..grew up on a dairy farm....but I'm stuck in the city at the moment so I'll take what I can get. Land around here..... very $$$$$$.

I'm glad that they inspect your coop before you get chickens (even though I had mine before I applied and received my permit). Hopefully it will keep Mr. Numbnuts from thinking he can put a couple of hens in a portable dog kennel outside and say "good enough".

I'd love to live in country..grew up on a dairy farm....but I'm stuck in the city at the moment so I'll take what I can get. Land around here..... very $$$$$$.

Some of us, must live in the City.
I understand completely, and I sympathize with your having to live in the city (you both indicated it was not by choice), but I still think municipalities overstep their authority in dictating every little thing that people can and cannot do. So you can owns dogs, but not chickens? Who exactly decided it was their business to decide something so monumental? That's all I'm getting at. We need to take the country back.

I do not fear civilization as we know it being brought to an end by too many folks owning chickens. Widespread stupidity, with a goodly portion of tyranny stirred in will end it far sooner.

I'm not sure how I first meant for people to take my original post but just to point out that there are cities that "embrace" chickens. I read hundreds of people trying to get ordinances pass in their communities. And although some view this as an encroachment on their lives (I, myself think it's ridiculous to have to have a permit), the reality is that I HAVE to have a permit. The good? They're free.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom