I woke my chickens up accidentally

hi! I went out to my chicken coop to make sure I had close the back lock and when I was fidgeting with it, I accidentally woke one of my chickens up, I heard her peeping and she sounded scared. I feel really bad. Is it bad that I woke them up? Will they go back to sleep?
She will go back to sleep. I wake mine up regularly special to say goodnight to them when I get home from work. 😂 I just talk to them through the door before opening it so they know that it is me.

She will go back to sleep. I wake mine up regularly special to say goodnight to them when I get home from work. 😂 I just talk to them through the door before opening it so they know that it is me.
Was going to say the same. Check every night to make sure everyone's in the coop, and since I need a flashlight to do the count everyone wakes up. I think talking to them as I walk up to the door makes a difference: they know it's not the chicken murderer come to do them in so they settle down pretty quick.

Chickens wake up 1200 times a night when every little noise does so, then immediately go back to bed. They'll be just fine as long as you didn't panic them like a predator absolutely will.

I often do a head count / butt count before I close the door on mine and will reach in and give them a reassuring it's me, good night now light ruffle on their belly's or butts, depending which side is facing me. Fluffy, squeals and gets all poofty, the others make the chicken sound, one used to peck at me, but everytime she did, fluffy or midnight would peck her and give an upset chicken sound so she quit that very fast.

They'll be just fine.

Aaron

Mine wake up when I lock their chicken door every night. It’s often after dark since my run is secure and I don’t have an auto door. I stick my head in, count to make sure all 10 are there, say “goodnight girls”, and give a low trilly whistle. Some of them will do that little relaxed sleepy trill in return. That is my favorite chicken noise, and always makes me smile. 😊

Back
Top Bottom