I wore him down:-)

Hmmm, you guys are so nice.
I really dont give a crap what my DH says. Im the one taking care of them, Im the one building the coops, etc....
But dh pretty much lets me do whatever (as long as he doesnt have to help)

so funny..... same here!

2006 - April 2010 - DH says no @#!$ way! I ask him why, he says chickens smell

March 2010 - I go on Austin Annual Funky Chicken Coop tour and they don't smell at all and I want some chickens darnit! I finally ask him WHY he thinks chickens smell. It's because ONCE as a kid he went to a chicken farm. Thousands of chickens. I notify DH that I just want 3 or 4 chickens, max. He says he will do some Googling. I let the idea simmer for a couple weeks.....

April 2010 - I ask DH to cut holes in our un-used shed to get started making it into a coop. He gets excited to use his chainsaw. The next weekend we drive an hour away to a farm and I let HIM pick out the three tiny little chicks that tickle his fancy.... LOL

And the rest is history!!!
big_smile.png

Quote:
See, all these other DH's that say no, usually end up involved with the chickens! Definately cute, but not my hubby.

Do you still have only 3 chicks?? LOL... I planned on and started out with 12 various breeds. Now look at my siggy.
hu.gif

Glad to see there are other DH's like mine out there
smile.png

He is so supportive of it now that when we were recently invited to a very fancy dinner party in New York City and a very accomplished fellow asked my husband what I "do", he said "she's a chicken farmer" with a big smile on his face.

All conversations in the room stopped
ep.gif

Sometimes he forgets that not everyone "gets" it
lau.gif

lau.gif
gig.gif

I love this thread!
clap.gif

I, too, said no to chickens several years ago. I have always worked outside with animals and at my age I was tired of it. Cold winters and hot summers.
DH talked me into it and this spring I was almost at 600 chickens! That includes chicks.
th.gif

I have built tractors, help enclose the coops, hired help to help me and DH joined the fun of building some tractors himself.
ep.gif

Addiction? What addiction???
hide.gif

Congrats on adding on!! Sure makes it worth keeping them around when they help out your ...er, you know...addiction.

Back
Top Bottom