I wore him down:-)

Discussion in 'Coop & Run - Design, Construction, & Maintenance' started by bawkbawkbawk, Jun 9, 2010.

1. bawkbawkbawk

bawkbawkbawk Chillin' With My Peeps

Got my three girls a year ago and realized even before our coop and run were completed that our set-up was going to limit my chicken horizons.[​IMG]

Lots of talk about adding a few to the flock since then. Every now and then I dropped the mention of how great it would be to have a second coop. [​IMG]

"No way", he said. "Absolutely not.", he said.[​IMG]

The girls have wriggled their way into his heart to the point that I have to chase them out of the kitchen when he lets them in. [​IMG] The other day we were talking about adding chicks again and I mapped out the challenge of integrating new ones with our existing coop/pen situation. "If we built another small coop over there," I said, "it would work pretty smoothly".

I waited for it - I looked over at him. He was eyeing the spot where I'd proposed the addition. He walked over and did a quick ballpark measurement.

And he said, "Yeah, I think that would be easy enough to do."

Never say never! [​IMG]

2. HenPen

HenPen Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 29, 2009
    New Hampshire
    [​IMG] Yahooo for you and more chickies!!

3. Andi

Andi Chillin' With My Peeps

Oh, how exciting! Congratulations! Yippee!

4. happyhensny

happyhensny Brown Barns Farm

Here is our (MY) timeline that began Spring of 2008.

DH say no chickens ever - years!

DH says "fine, a couple of them"

DH says "If I have to build another coop (1st one was 4 x 8) this is it, NO more.

DH says "If I have to build another coop (2nd one was 8 x 8) this is it, NO more.

This Spring we are starting the "final" [​IMG] coop. It is going to be 12 x 24, concrete floor, shed roof with a lean-to roof over the run to keep out the weather.

I may need to keep the others though. Just in case, ya' know! [​IMG]

5. SouthernChick

SouthernChick Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 12, 2009
    Ohio
    Here is our (MY) timeline that began Spring of 2008.

DH say no chickens ever - years!

DH says "fine, a couple of them"

DH says "If I have to build another coop (1st one was 4 x 8) this is it, NO more.

DH says "If I have to build another coop (2nd one was 8 x 8) this is it, NO more.

This Spring we are starting the "final" coop. It is going to be 12 x 24, concrete floor, shed roof with a lean-to roof over the run to keep out the weather.

I may need to keep the others though. Just in case, ya' know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    ***Not a chicken addict, not a chicken addict***

No addiction there, huh? [​IMG]

6. shopchicks

shopchicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 4, 2009
    Boise, Idaho
    Ha, when I first brought up chickens DH said no #%$& way. Now he is on the phone to friends and family telling them about "our chickens"

7. the funny farm6615

the funny farm6615 Out Of The Brooder

May 26, 2010
    iowa
    mine didnt want chickens at first either, now he shows off "his chickens" to everyone!!

8. drunkdog

drunkdog Chillin' With My Peeps

May 15, 2010
    Everett
    though I am the DH I guess I am an enabler as I havent fin ished the first coop and have already agreed to building a banty coop this month as well ...gratz on wearing him down [​IMG]

9. KBChicks

KBChicks Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 21, 2010
    PA
    In the beginning....

DH was the one that wanted the chicks and I said NO WAY...I lived on a working farm in Idaho long enough to know I didn't want anything that didn't poo in a litter box.

16 chickens, 2 ducks and 3 quail later....they're ALL MINE and I want MORE!

Good for you for getting him to change his mind!!![​IMG]

10. ekemily

ekemily Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 8, 2010
    Fairhope, AL
    love this thread. It's so funny because I just finished having a conversation with my hubby about me wanting him to be more supportive of my chicken "habit."
    I have three coops, though, so I can't complain. He would and will do anything for me [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by