I wore him down:-)

bawkbawkbawk

Crowing
13 Years
Mar 29, 2009
Coastal Southern California
Got my three girls a year ago and realized even before our coop and run were completed that our set-up was going to limit my chicken horizons.
hu.gif

Lots of talk about adding a few to the flock since then. Every now and then I dropped the mention of how great it would be to have a second coop.
wink.png

"No way", he said. "Absolutely not.", he said.
tongue.gif

The girls have wriggled their way into his heart to the point that I have to chase them out of the kitchen when he lets them in.
D.gif
The other day we were talking about adding chicks again and I mapped out the challenge of integrating new ones with our existing coop/pen situation. "If we built another small coop over there," I said, "it would work pretty smoothly".

I waited for it - I looked over at him. He was eyeing the spot where I'd proposed the addition. He walked over and did a quick ballpark measurement.

And he said, "Yeah, I think that would be easy enough to do."

Never say never!
lol.png

Here is our (MY) timeline that began Spring of 2008.

DH say no chickens ever - years!

DH says "fine, a couple of them"

DH says "If I have to build another coop (1st one was 4 x 8) this is it, NO more.

DH says "If I have to build another coop (2nd one was 8 x 8) this is it, NO more.

This Spring we are starting the "final"
wink.png
coop. It is going to be 12 x 24, concrete floor, shed roof with a lean-to roof over the run to keep out the weather.

I may need to keep the others though. Just in case, ya' know!
big_smile.png

Here is our (MY) timeline that began Spring of 2008.

DH say no chickens ever - years!

DH says "fine, a couple of them"

DH says "If I have to build another coop (1st one was 4 x 8) this is it, NO more.

DH says "If I have to build another coop (2nd one was 8 x 8) this is it, NO more.

This Spring we are starting the "final" coop. It is going to be 12 x 24, concrete floor, shed roof with a lean-to roof over the run to keep out the weather.

I may need to keep the others though. Just in case, ya' know!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
***Not a chicken addict, not a chicken addict***

No addiction there, huh?
lau.gif

though I am the DH I guess I am an enabler as I havent fin ished the first coop and have already agreed to building a banty coop this month as well ...gratz on wearing him down
big_smile.png

In the beginning....

DH was the one that wanted the chicks and I said NO WAY...I lived on a working farm in Idaho long enough to know I didn't want anything that didn't poo in a litter box.

16 chickens, 2 ducks and 3 quail later....they're ALL MINE and I want MORE!

Good for you for getting him to change his mind!!!
big_smile.png

love this thread. It's so funny because I just finished having a conversation with my hubby about me wanting him to be more supportive of my chicken "habit."
I have three coops, though, so I can't complain. He would and will do anything for me
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom