I worried I may have ruptured her egg?

InNC

Songster
Apr 18, 2023
I have a hen I treated for bumble foot a few weeks ago. Today I was giving her feet a look over when she peed on me.. except I thought chickens didn't pee?
I was holding her with her back to my chest with one hand so I could un curl and inspect her left foot with my other. She was fighting me a little (not flapping around or anything) when a clear, water like, liquid gushed out her bottom onto my sandal. She has no symptoms of being sick. I'm just wondering what that was? I'm hoping it wasn't an egg rupture. But it wasn't the consistency of egg. Should I be concerned? Thank you for reading this.

I have a hen I treated for bumble foot a few weeks ago. Today I was giving her feet a look over when she peed on me.. except I thought chickens didn't pee?
I was holding her with her back to my chest with one hand so I could un curl and inspect her left foot with my other. She was fighting me a little (not flapping around or anything) when a clear, water like, liquid gushed out her bottom onto my sandal. She has no symptoms of being sick. I'm just wondering what that was? I'm hoping it wasn't an egg rupture. But it wasn't the consistency of egg. Should I be concerned? Thank you for reading this.
How hot is it where you live? Sometimes in the heat my chickens "pee" on me.
Not an expert, but I think that she should be fine.

How hot is it where you live? Sometimes in the heat my chickens "pee" on me.
Not an expert, but I think that she should be fine.
Thank you so much for replying Pastel! It means a lot. It is hot where I live.
Unfortunately a snake got her yesterday 😔. This is the first chicken I've ever lost. I never thought I could get so attached to the little fellas. 💔

Back
Top Bottom