I would NOT want to faint in a chicken coop!

Oh Man R-granny! Hope everything has healed okay?! Wow. I wooda never even thot about this...

I usually wear my crocs cuz they're so hose-able. The girls try to get my toes but can't quite make enough contact to hurt (12 weeks), but the silver toe ring is definitely a target!
lol.png

I'm often in my sweats first thing in the morning, and they try to get every 'bolley' they can (the little pills that form on fleece). I don't even get how they see 'em, but from the knees down, my sweats are pristine, lol!

Had one try to grab a little diamond stud outta my earlobe. THAT hurt a tad. And they way they look at eyeballs is scarey!

Hmmm. Gonna hafeta start watching these little dinosaurs a little closer...
frantic.gif

Quote:
Yep, the cute little garden shoes work great. They go crazy pecking at the design on them without success.
big_smile.png

https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/uploads/78998_p4080756.jpg

Could you please tell me what breed the very first chicken in that picture is? The closest one? I have several chickens (or roos... not sure yet) that look exactly the same and I would love to learn more about their breed. Thanks.
smile.png

Sorry, I missed this! Hi and
welcome-byc.gif
Someone else has answered this, but yes, it is an EE. She is turning out to be a beautiful chicken! EE's are great fun and have wonderful personalities. Congrats on your little ones.

I crawled, in the pouring rain, to the back door, found my cell phone, which I pulled off the table by the charger cord, and to a chair, where I was able to pull myself up and drape myself over the seat of the chair. I called DH, who was over an hour away, and told him he needed to come home NOW because I was hurt and needed to go to the ER. I just stayed there, as still as possible until he got home. I was covered in mud and other stuff. He gingerly helped me up and into the car and drove me, carefully to the ER.

They did a procedure where they inject "bone glue" into the fracture and I did therapy for several months to strengthen my back. I still have to be very careful and wear a back brace when I do yard work and clean the coops. The fracture was at T-12, which is just about where your spine bends when you bend over to do things. Dr. said I was lucky.

Back
Top Bottom