IA here

Another good year at the Sac County Fair.My daughter took Grand Champion and Champion Chicken in 4-h.she also won Champion Bantam.It's her 3rd year in a row winning Grand Champion. My boy won overall Champion in open Class.There were a total of about 80 birds this year.
www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6514916/width/200/height/400[/IMG]]

Last edited:
congrats coonfarm

does anybody know of any live stock sales venues in Iowa or live stock auctions? looking them on the net is like banging my head on the wall not getting anywhere.

Another good year at the Sac County Fair.My daughter took Grand Champion and Champion Chicken in 4-h.she also won Champion Bantam.It's her 3rd year in a row winning Grand Champion. My boy won overall Champion in open Class.There were a total of about 80 birds this year.
[/URL]www.backyardchickens.com/content/type/61/id/6514916/width/200/height/400]
Mike, you gotta remind me when the fair is each year! I'd love to be able to compete down there or is it open class just for Jrs.?

Don't forget Iowans, we got the Clay County Fair coming up September 6th to the 12th. Then the Mason City double poultry show the 20th and 21st of Sept.

anyone go to state fair? did you show?
boys showed at county and middle son did well second yr his black cochins got reserve champ of breeding stock or better. now he's looking for a new rooster for his girls. so if anyone has a nice black cochin roo they are looking to sell. post me some pics.

Eric its the last week of July next year.don't know dates right off hand.yes anyone can show in the open class.what kind of birds do you raise now? We are looking for some good cochin bantams and standard also othe decent quality birds if you come across any.we sold most of our birds except for a couple of the bantam cochins so we are looking to get restocked.Our daughter might not be showing next year for 4-h.she is going on a trip for about 20 days to Australia, New Zealand and Hawaii and would just be getting back from there the day before judging day.I'm the poultry superintendent for the 4-h and open class for the Sac County fair.Total numbers have been down the last couple of years.three years ago we had close to 200 birds.

Last edited:
I still have a little silver sebright rooster needing a new home! He is roughly 4 months old, he crows, he struts, he owns the coop! all 1 1/2 pounds of him =) not looking to sell just needs a good place to go! Pm me if interested!

Back
Top Bottom