IA here

So is this forum just to post where in Iowa we are from?? I am considering ordering more baby chicks but dont want all of the minimum required, plus I believe I have 2 roosters to re-home, perhaps someone might be interested here? I am in the Des Moines area.

We can post whatever we like here. Lol! I’d love to see more activity. Tho I’m in flock rebuilding mode so not very interesting. One of your roosters isn’t a Norwegian Jaerhon is he? That’s what I really need. <sigh>

Something take out your flock or just getting older? No they are Brown Leghorns, from images ive seen they look pretty colorful once they are fully grown. Currently they are about 7 or 8 weeks old.

Looking for coturnix quail chicks in iowa! Preferably near the Des Moines Iowa area. Anyone know of any reliable breeders of coturnix?

We are looking to add to our flock of hens. We have about a 20 x 25 area with their coop, so they have a little room to roam and play. Right now, we have 5 hens and would like to add to that. Is there anyone in here around the Des Moines area that might know where a good place to get more hens is? There is an ad on Craig's List, but my 16 yo and I are a bit hesitant to go that route.

We are looking to add to our flock of hens. We have about a 20 x 25 area with their coop, so they have a little room to roam and play. Right now, we have 5 hens and would like to add to that. Is there anyone in here around the Des Moines area that might know where a good place to get more hens is? There is an ad on Craig's List, but my 16 yo and I are a bit hesitant to go that route.
What type are you looking for?

I am so new to this I am not sure. We would like hens that lay eggs LOL, other than that I'm not sure we care too much. with the size of our pen, we'd like to add prolly bout 5 more so they are not squeezed...

I am so new to this I am not sure. We would like hens that lay eggs LOL, other than that I'm not sure we care too much. with the size of our pen, we'd like to add prolly bout 5 more so they are not squeezed...
Im in the Des Moines area and know of lots of different people that are selling chickens right now! Looking for full grown or babies? I personally have silkie chickens and they are very popular but smaller chickens meaning smaller eggs. I can help you find any other breed your interested in! Do you know what kind you have now?

Our daughter says they are Asian straight-runners? I'm trying to keep up with her LOL, but she knows more than I. They are a coupla months old so we'd be looking for something similar or maybe a little older? do you know how many hens would be comfortable in a 20x25 pen? Thanks very much for your reply.

Back
Top Bottom