IBW 4 jeaucamom..UPDATE.... A CHICK..pics added!!!

I can't stand it!!!!! I have three accurites that tell me on setting 4 that it is only 97.7 degrees and the one accurite from bator 1 tells me it is 99.9. Do I go with the one or the three????

Help!!!!

I didn't even put my Accurite in this time. I only used the probe and stuck it on the outside. I know mine is wrong and I wasn't going to stress about it.

I used the white on that came with it, and the one I bought at the cigar store. That's all I used, and I had a mostly perfect hatch. All chicky's navels were healed and everything. So I feel pretty good about it.
Thermometers in bators are simply a nightmare. Matter of fact, I didn't even look at the temps really. The only thing I was worried about was the temp inside the water wiggler. I had tested that with 2 human thermometers. One I knew to be more accruate and they both agreed, so I mentally up my water wiggler temp by .7 and I'm good. Temps were good the whole time.

Sorry you are having a hard time with it. I did the first time too, and still my hatch was screwed up. Gotta spend the money to get one you know it right, if that's even possible. Maybe it's just a matter of siking yourself out to just think it's right. I don't know. I do know it's a huge headache.

I couldn't stand it anymore. I candled bator 2 with Cyn's eggs and my BLRW.

The GREAT news is.... all of Cyn's are developing!!!

The Bad news is only 5 of my BLRWs are (a few more may be questionable, or perhaps I am desperate LOL), but one of Cyn's is a weeper.

Do weepers ever hatch????

Okay, Okay I admit it. I was so depressed over the BLRWs I went ahead and candled bator 1 again too. 9-10 of the 13 welsummers seems to be right on track. The others were either behind or quitters.

9-10 of the 12 australorps were doing very well, the rest were questionable.

8 out of 10 EEs were looking good.

So I'm feeling a little better.

How weird is this.... one of the crazy accurites from bator 2 I stuck in bator one, and it read totally stable and the same thing as the normal accurite. I am officailly losing my mind over thermometers. (insert going crazy smilie)

Bummer on the BLRW's But sounds like it's going ok.

Stupid thermometers!
barnie.gif
I just hate them!

Suz, that Blue Orp/Buff Brahma may be porous. It's the only egg Caroline laid in the last two weeks. If you think you should, take it out of there. Use your nose for sure! Don't jeopardize your hatch just for that one egg. I have had a couple of soft shelled eggs broken in the nest and I could not tell whose they were; if they were Caroline's, that shell may be too porous to hatch well anyway. Take it out and candle it and see if its really porous. If so, either remove it or watch very closely. If there is just a pinhole somewhere, that can be sealed with melted parrafin wax like you use in canning.

We will keep a close eye on that one for sure!!

We just moved the Welsummers to the hatcher!!! Yeah!!

Okay, they've been in 6.489 minutes and no pipping or peeping or rolling!!! JK!! Okay, Just practicing for the real freak out LOL.

Back
Top Bottom