Ice Cream Bars

crazysilkielady1

In the Brooder
Sep 26, 2017
Does anyone have pictures of your grown ICB or eggs laid by ICB hens?
I have an adult hen. And an offspring I believe is from her. But I think the roo might be mixed with Silkie. My friend gave him to me as a baby.

Attachments

BigBlueHen53

Fragile, Beautiful, Strong
Premium member
Mar 5, 2019
SE Missouri, USA
What color are the eggs she shipped you? We understand that the hybrid chicks that hatch out of these eggs should lay a pretty blue egg, but we are curious what color are the first- gen eggs? The ones directly bred from isbar x Legbar. Then those hatchlings will lay a pretty blue egg, Right?
Are they winter hardy, can they handle heat? Are they flighty, noisy, broody? Productive,? Light or heavy, skittish or calm and friendly? Aggressive or good neighbors?

FlyingFoxFruit

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2017
i been breeding these now! i take my ice cream bar roo, who's dad was blue isbar, and mom Jill Reese CLB hen, and then i breed him back to Isbars, and CLBs.... here are some chicks i got, they are my fav breed, because sometimes they have the silver color...and the spiked hairdo...

these chicks just hatched a few days ago...most are fathered by the Ice Cream bar, and mother is Isbar...but some were laid by CLB

Attachments

FlyingFoxFruit

In the Brooder
Mar 25, 2017
here is the father, his name is Larry, he's dad was blue isbar, and mom was CLB from Jill Reese line...he's a very intense bird...likes humans, but killed his own dad in a quick fight they had when i accidentally let them out of the cage at the same time..it was a small tear in the comb, i didn't realize it wouldn't clot, and his dad the blue isbar, died from blood loss over the course of a week...lesson learned, put some glue on there or something...roosters can bleed out from a small cut on the comb!!!

Attachments

TBaltis1013

Chirping
Dec 6, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Y'all should check out Windy Whiskers Poultry. I got my splash silverudd blue boy (she has first imports) from her and absolutely adore him. I also purchased Black Copper Marans, Blue Copper Marans, Wheaten Marans, and a pair of cream legbars from her and even though they're young still they're gorgeous birds already. She calls the mix Cream Blue Le. She's adamant on breeding for temperament, egg color and towards standards with her purebreds. I can't say enough good things about her birds. Pics are from her website of ICBs and eggs.

Attachments

TBaltis1013

Chirping
Dec 6, 2019
San Antonio, TX
Y'all should check out Windy Whiskers Poultry. I got my splash silverudd blue boy (she has first imports) from her and absolutely adore him. I also purchased Black Copper Marans, Blue Copper Marans, Wheaten Marans, and a pair of cream legbars from her and even though they're young still they're gorgeous birds already. She calls the mix Cream Blue Le. She's adamant on breeding for temperament, egg color and towards standards with her purebreds. I can't say enough good things about her birds. Pics are from her website of ICBs and eggs.
Oh, and my silverudd blue cockerel from her ❤

Top Bottom