Ice fishing

Ole and Lena

Songster
8 Years
Jul 22, 2011
Wright Co Minnesota
Hey, you gotta do something for fun up here in the winter. Went out today on 3 1/2" of very noisy ice. Booming and popping like mad. Actually a good sign when ice is really noisy.

Fishing was slow but managed to pull enough sunnies and crappies for tasty buttermilk beer battered filets (made with REAL eggs of course!)

Anyone else out there fish hard water?

That sounds yummy! I love crappies! They're my favorite fish to eat.

I used to ice fish a lot before I married my husband. I always enjoyed jigging. I didn't really like using tip ups, much. I still have all my gear.
lol.png

Quote:
So what's stopping you? I used to live in Stevens Point, fished a lot around there. Still know the walleye and big sunny spots. Used to catch trophy pike on the backwaters N of Stevens Point. Walked in to an isolated one the 4 wheelers couldn't get to, brought with the chainsaw for a good fire, put out tip ups and camped/partied/caught pike all day.

I live on Saginaw Bay in Michigan, ice isn't hard enough to get out yet, last year when the ice was ready had to go out 12-15 miles to get to where the walleye were, eventually they came in closer. It's been cold, but today is supposed to be 40 so that will mess things up. GL fishing this year, send some pics. AL

Back
Top Bottom