Icelandic Chickens

Quote: I flew to Texas to drive my parents up to Nebraska for a family reunion. They can't make that trip on their own now that they're in their eighties. It was great! We split the 12+ hour drive into two days and it was just the right of amount for them. I saw one brother in Texas and my other two siblings in Nebraska. Got to meet an eighteen month old nephew for the first time and visit with my Dad's 93 year old sister (his only living sibling of seven). My Mom is one of seven (third oldest) and her siblings are all still living and were there. I am thankful I got to do it for them, don't know how many more chances I'll have for that.

I got the camera ready with fresh batteries and will be going out in a bit to take some pictures!

Got some pictures!

Here is Gula with her two chicks.....just happened that her two were both blondes:

Puffed-up momma:

Hæla and her singleton (not the best pics of her but neither of them would be still with me pointing the camera at them):

Gola and her two. She had them in the coop so at least they couldn't scatter:

Thanks Mike and Diva!
frow.gif

Here are a couple of Isafold, the only pullet from the Easter Hatchalong Six. I really like her.

Here are some of the Lyle Behl chicks, there are two others. I know, I know, the white one is cockerel
roll.png

Quote: Let's see some pictures of yours, Mike! Did you have broodies hatching this year?

I'll try to get some new photos soon. Broody Icelandic's hatched out 3 chicks this year, some are still trying, but we've been good about breaking them. The barnies are a whole other story. They got us good real good.

Back
Top Bottom