Icelandic Chickens

Thanks. I think everyone's birds are beautiful. When people post pics I think " I wish I had 1 that looked like that"... there is only 1 thing to do... get more!! LOL

I will never again say that things are going well. I came home that very same day & 1 of the roos was missing. I didn't give it much thought, I figured he was out doing "rooster things" (to quote Racuda) but when I went out to lock them up & he still wasn't there I started to panic. I went out and checked where I normally see them and all the places where the chickens seem to get "stuck" & have trouble figuring out how to get back out. I just walked around searching & listening for clucking. I went back out with the flashlight just in case he came back late. I held out hope he had just roosted in a tree & I would see him @ breakfast and a little less hope that he would be there when I got home today. He has been on my mind all night & all day. I sure hope having chickens gets easier...

I'm sorry your roo is missing. I was furious w myself last year when 3 of my heritage layers went missing. It's not your fault you can only do so much to protect them and be able to let them still be chickens.

First of all I want to thank everyone for their support. This has almost become a therapy of sorts. I don't think anyone understands me or wants to hear about my chicken perils. You may not completely understand me either :) but at least you understand my chicken perils. lol
Secondly, I want to say he is back!!!
I can't freaking believe it. 48+ hours later. I am so happy and so thankful. I want to give him a lecture about making me loose sleep and worry but Ill save that for another day :)

Good night all. And thank you again!

First of all I want to thank everyone for their support. This has almost become a therapy of sorts. I don't think anyone understands me or wants to hear about my chicken perils. You may not completely understand me either
smile.png
but at least you understand my chicken perils. lol
I can't freaking believe it. 48+ hours later. I am so happy and so thankful. I want to give him a lecture about making me loose sleep and worry but Ill save that for another day
smile.png

woot.gif
He was probably hiding from something that scared him. Glad he found his way back!

First of all I want to thank everyone for their support. This has almost become a therapy of sorts. I don't think anyone understands me or wants to hear about my chicken perils. You may not completely understand me either
smile.png
but at least you understand my chicken perils. lol
I can't freaking believe it. 48+ hours later. I am so happy and so thankful. I want to give him a lecture about making me loose sleep and worry but Ill save that for another day
smile.png

I am so glad he is back!

I had thought about searching again the night he returned but thought it was useless so didn't.

It's funny because as happy as I was something was eating @ me that wasn't right. Even though he came back he did not go into the coop w the others without prompting. After NAF responded that he was hiding I pretty much figured out he was hiding from the speckled 1. When I let them out ystrdy it all but confirmed it but I let them be hoping what I saw was just because he was gone for 2 days & had to fit back in. I hoped they would work it out between themselves. Well, when I got home he was hiding again & found him behind the trash can in the barn. When the speckled 1 found out where he was also he started going after it again. So, needless to say I pulled the speckled 1 out last night & he is awaiting relocation or dinner I guess.

What puzzles me is they all seemed to be getting along the day prior. What happened to cause them to no longer be able to co-exist. What Im also curious to see if the next 1 in the line just steps up & becomes the new aggressor.

It's a shame as I think the speckled 1 was good @ protecting. He always seemed to be searching the skies despite his floppy comb... well, that is when he wasn't terrorizing the others.

I am disappointed but my boyfriend keeps telling me this isn't what he bargained for...

Back
Top Bottom