Icelandic Chickens

Love all the colors Turkeywrangler. You got quite the variety there. I especially like the coloring of #4. That white/black/silver color is really neat too.

My uneducated guess says cockerels for the last two :).

Yay!!! That's great!!! I've got another broody myself. Thinking of trying your trick, Kaldakur and sneaking some chicks under her tonight. Less babies in the house!!
Hope you have the same luck I did if you give it a try :)

When I checked her tonight there was a chipmunk colored one peeking out from under her - that means there are at least 3 under there. She's sat tight since yesterday. I'm pleased if I do say so myself!

Love all the colors Turkeywrangler. You got quite the variety there. I especially like the coloring of #4. That white/black/silver color is really neat too.

My uneducated guess says cockerels for the last two :).
I'm keeping him. He is great looking. I'm giving my current rooster to a friend with the promise of pullets when I have some from next springs hatches. He is way too rough on my old lady buff orpington and he is replaceable. She is a sweet girl and her nails are getting long from not being able get off the roost without him breeding her non stop. He needs to go and will be gone tomorrow.

Your guess is a bit more than uneducated.

Last edited:
Hope you have the same luck I did if you give it a try :)

When I checked her tonight there was a chipmunk colored one peeking out from under her - that means there are at least 3 under there. She's sat tight since yesterday. I'm pleased if I do say so myself!
Really really cool. Like I said. Can't wait for broody hens. Had one in 2012. My old Buff Orpington and that was amazing.

@Turkeyrangler I agree, #8 and #9 are cockerels. Lovely pullets! You have a nice variety of cockerels to choose from!

@KaldakurFarm
yippiechickie.gif
On the good broody! We will, of course, need pics!!
caf.gif

Back
Top Bottom