Icelandic Chickens

Love the "rocker" names!! I knew a girl whose name was Sidney and went by Sid.....no problem with the name!!

I agree with @arconfederate , I'm not seeing anything in the photos of Jett, Sid and Nancy to make me think cockerel. Who is the fourth you speak of?
Here is a photo of the four of them (sort of) with the mystery chick (still unnamed) on the left, then Sid, Nancy and Jett (looking off to the right).

She looks like Nancy and Jett with no real evidence of a comb or waddle at almost 5 1/2 weeks. I think that the breeder will give me one of her ten or so "extra" roos if it turns out I don't have one.

Hello Icelandic members. This is one of our new pullets on a rock pile I am working of for them. Birds are coming along nicely and it ha been a lot of fun. I got one chick to hatch from a broody hen, my first and we named him Thor. A week later we had four more hatch from an incubator. I think I have eight due at the end of the week and another batch to follow that. So I have completed half of my challenge NAF. I am still stuck at about page 600 of the thread… but I will finish it sooner or later. Everyone's birds look so good and I am most happy to see folks here. Near 100 today here, I just finished burying a 55 gallon drum in a berm, today to see if the birds would perhaps use it to shade up, or as a hide. Too early to tell, but fun to try new things.

Best to all and Your birds,

RJ
One of my chicks has a similar coloring. I hope she ends up as beautiful as yours!

Here is another one of the ever growing pullets we have.

She is a beauty!!
thumbsup.gif

Went out tonight and two of my six week old chicks were happily roosting on the roof of the coop, more than 5 feet off the ground! I had read that they would roost in trees, but they are still babies. So cute!

Good thing there is chicken wire over the top of the run. You can see it just above them.

Last edited:
Hello good Icelandic keepers,

This little peep is from my own stock, of adult Icee birds. I have eight now and have two more hatches in the works. So here is hoping for good hatch rates.

This is one of the cockerels that we like, but how in the heck does one select a 'few' to keep?

A red and white cockerel and what may be my best pullet.

Some of the birds on the mower, toward evening time.

An overhead view of some of the birds.

Another of the second batch of chicks from my adult birds.

Below is Loki and Summer, the proud parent(s) of the above chicks.

And a second view of our red and white cockerel.

I have tons of pictures, and am sorry to be so far behind, but perhaps things will lighten up some and I can get on here more.

Hope everyone and their birds are doing well.

RJ

Hello good Icelandic keepers,

This is one of the cockerels that we like, but how in the heck does one select a 'few' to keep?

An overhead view of some of the birds.

Below is Loki and Summer

RJ

hu.gif
Selecting who stays and who goes.....it is by far the most difficult thing about raising Icelandics!

You have a beautiful flock with so much variety!! Congrats on the new additions!

Back
Top Bottom