ID for Bielefelder crosses

BielsnBuffs

In the Brooder
Mar 11, 2019
Hi, I am going to try to hatch a batch of chicks. I have purebred Bielefelders, and also some hatchery Buff Orpingtons and Easter Eggers. The crosses are for a friend who just wants some fun layers. Will it be very obvious when they hatch which are the Bielefelders and which are the crosses? It's Bielefelder rooster over the various hens.

Might be sort of difficult because I believe the chicks of all of these breeds are either yellow or chipmunk.

Some people mark their eggs as to who laid them before putting them in the incubator. Apparently, using a marker doesn't harm the egg...

Hi, I am going to try to hatch a batch of chicks. I have purebred Bielefelders, and also some hatchery Buff Orpingtons and Easter Eggers. The crosses are for a friend who just wants some fun layers. Will it be very obvious when they hatch which are the Bielefelders and which are the crosses? It's Bielefelder rooster over the various hens.
Do you have any pictures of how they turned out? I have Bielefelders and EE and am in the process of incubating. 😄

I bet the bell and buff crosses are beautiful!♥️

Here's a pic of the Buff/Biel cross rooster. I really like how he turned out. The hens are nice too, I can try to get a pick of them tomorrow.

Attachments

• IMG_20210122_122137800.jpg
    IMG_20210122_122137800.jpg
    562 KB · Views: 104
Here's an Easter egger/Bielefelder rooster. I didn't get any pullets out of that hatch.
Thanks for sharing this. My friend just gave me the exact thing: eggs to hatch from a bielefelder roo. Hens are also bielefelder, buffs, legbar and 2 ee eggs. Just hatched them last night and waiting for them to dry off. Was wondering if any of yours were able to be sexed at hatch.

Attachments

• 20230129_164648.jpg
    20230129_164648.jpg
    300.6 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230129_094208.jpg
    20230129_094208.jpg
    284.8 KB · Views: 35

Back
Top Bottom