4 Black Sex Link
5 Silver Spangled Hamburg
6 Dark Cornish
7 White Leghorn
8 White Leghorn
9 Silver Laced Wyandotte
10 Brown Leghorn
11 Brown Leghorn
The Black Minorca also has feather mites, PM and I will explain....

Thanks, everybody! I got the cornish and the hamburgs right, that's about it.

The Minorca: must be a hen (I thought it was a rooster because the wattles and comb are larger than my other hens, but now I see it is a characteristic of the bird)?

Also - I bought the chicks this summer from a hatchery as a "mystery" rainbow layer mix. Seems like they would have known by my address not to send me a bird that doesn't do well in extreme cold like the Minorca. I live in Vermont. I'll have to lube her wattles and comb and earlobes up really well this winter; maybe even provide her with a warm condo? Not sure what to do...it can get to 20 to 30 degrees below zero some winter nights.

Oh I love my Minorca. I would loveto have another dozen just like her. She is the biggest doll, flys up on my shoulder every time i go out in the yard, and falls asleep in ym arms almost every day!!

This is her..Miss Priss
100_0015_2.jpg

You have some very pretty bird! I couldnt identify any of them, sorry. We had also ordered a mixture (ornimental layers) and it took me forever to figure out what we had!

I also agree completely with Pine Grove.

As for mites...I'm not seeing them. Some Minorcas are born with "barring" and it is undesirable. It's where the feather is "thinner" in areas than other areas and that is what I am seeing there.

Mites are closer to the bird as being in the actual feather is too cold of a temperature for them to survive at.

Sorry! lol! Your Minorca looks like a cockerel to me! Pullets at that age should still have a black comb and little to no wattle growth.

Hens combs should do a double flop, where it looks like it will flop one way, then go back the other way. Cocks should NOT have a flop in their comb at all unless used in the female line of birds.

my Minorca had bright red wattles and comb WAY before my rooster did. Everyone thought I was crazy calling her Miss Priss...everyone thought she was a he...but I knew different. And she lays me beautiful eggs each day to prove it.

I would have never guessed that other one to be a Minorca

Back
Top Bottom